Cold calling jobs

ok so I am looking for a new job and I've got my eye on this company that currently only has openings posted in areas that are not my field. They have someone for the ultimate position however it seems as though she could use an assistant. I want to send my resume to her, but how do I word my cover to explain that maybe she could benefit from as assistant?? I know I know it sounds crazy but it's nearby & somewhat flex. which is key because I've got a child & 2 dogs...
    so how do I say it? How do I say to her hey listen I'm not trying to take yours-but you could use some help huh? lighten your load a bit...

How about something like:

I've been really impressed with what your company doesn blah blah blah......and in particular the postition of (her position). The work involved seems to be 3 fold or 4 fold (or whatever) and it occurred to me that a portion of it could actually benefit from a singular focus. this may be a unique way of applying for a position but have you ever thought of creating a position for an assistant who could help you do (a, b, c).

and then close with Creatively thinking out of the box I believe is a critical skill in today's business world (or whatever field this is). I believe I could contribute greatly in how I've just described and my resume provides further detail.

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your interest.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen Davis For This Useful Post:

ZRabbits (06-04-2014)

awesome!!!! especially since its a graphic design co.!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MontananDakota For This Useful Post:

Doreen Davis (06-05-2014)

Senior Dog
    Wishing you luck!

KAZ

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos