Do you celebrate on the day?

I'm pretty sure that the only day we celebrate on the day is Halloween. Not birthdays, not anniversaries, not even Christmas (we'll open gifts or go to celebrations whenever and we've been sick on Christmas Day three years running). We'll give thanks anytime, eat a turkey when they're available, you name it.

Is the particular day important to you?

Birthdays are important celebrations around here. Since it's hard to do it on the exact day with jobs and school, we save it for the closest family night Tuesday. Each gets to pick their dinner menu and type of cake.

Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas are celebrated on the morning of with a brunch.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

We like to do our birthdays and our anniversary on the day, but holidays, usually not. Jake works most holidays so we tend to celebrate when we can.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

My son was born on Christmas day. My Father-in-law was born on New Years Day. My husband was born on January 4th.

We celebrate Christmas on Christmas--usually with a brunch, a movie and dinner. On New Year's Day, we celebrate the three birthdays and always have lasagna.

I personally hate Halloween.

It's hard to celebrate birthdays on the day of... mine usually is on a week day most birthdays are any way lol. But we have always celebrated mine a few days before or something or do something for the weekend. My birthday is next month and on a Thursday. We just took my brother to a late lunch on Saturday his birthday was Friday but he lives out of town and didn't get here til 8 pm Friday and you obviously can't go to dinner that late so we had homemade burgers and homemade fries.

Thanksgiving is usually on the day of except for when my grandmother died we didn't do Thanksgiving that year (2003) because a funeral was planned, etc. Christmas is always celebrated on the day of. We don't really celebrate Halloween (parents are religious) or hand out candy and I'm too old to go trick or treating but I always buy candy to eat when it's on sale lol.

Holidays are important but I do think birthdays are more important because it's the day of your loved ones being born.. but if not celebrated on the day of it's still special.

Sometimes we alternate Thanksgiving on the actual day or the next depending on our daughter's schedule and other commitments. We do Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Birthdays might shift to the nearest weekend depending on what the birthday person chooses for their dinner, but we always make a big deal for them. That really started because both my parents and my daughter's birthdays were/are in December and we didn't want them to feel overshadowed by Christmas. But we also don't wait for Thanksgiving or Christmas for turkey or ham -- favorites in my house!
    Jake aka Puddy (DSH) born ~07/04/07 gotcha 11/10/07
    Fenian Murphy's Law (GSD), Murphy, born 09/12/10 gotcha 11/11/10
    Dornschatten Mr. Magik Read My Mind (Lab), Jackson, born 03/07/15 gotcha 04/24/15

Senior Dog
    Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and Easter, all on the day. If anything is planned for Memorial Day and LaborDay, it could be anytime during the weekend. Independence Day usually involves going to a community sponsored fireworks show, if anything. Where I grew up the shows were always on July 4th. Where I live now each city or community does their own show on different days around Independence Day.

Birthdays are are always acknowledged on the day but plans will vary depending on schedules and what is planned.

I don't consider Halloween a holiday although I give out candy to the trick or traters that night.

I'm a shift worker in emergency services, so "holiday", whats that??? Lol.

We always celebrated when we could. As a kid at home it seems I always had an older bro in the military and have "duty" on Christmas or whatever so we moved it when all could be there. As an adult I worked at a job that paid 8 hrs holiday no matter what and time and a half if worked PLUS the extra hol pay. We moved the celebration to match. B-days were done and still are, when we can too.

For me, it's New Year's Eve.

On Christmas and Easter we usually have a family dinner, but that's all.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos