Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seems like it never ends.

I have multiple health issues, which causes me to live with a good deal of pain on a daily basis. I've lived with it so long, it truly is my normal. A couple months ago I started having pain down my right butt cheek, then down to almost my knee, both sitting and standing. About a month ago, it strated down the left side too. My pain Doc ordered an MRI on my lower back. Got the results today, I have two herniated discs, between L3-L4, and L4-L5. I go see him tomorrow for an epidural, if that doesn't work, referral to a neurosurgeon.

I know Lab board MOJO does great things for the dogs, maybe it could creep over to the human side for a change!!!

There's plenty of mojo to spread around!!! One of my kids is a line cook in NYC and has back pain quite frequently. I don't know if you're on your feet all day cooking- isn't that your profession? I know it can be miserable. Mucho mojo to you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Senior Dog
    Oh geez...back pain is horrible. Many good thoughts that the epi will take care of you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Good luck with the epidural. Sending mojo. Pain go away for Barry... Poof!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Sending you tons of good thoughts! The epidurals are great but unfortunately they never lasted long enough for me. I know you will make out just fine if you do need the surgery, it really is not a bad surgery and the recovery is a breeze! I have had several repaired, unfortunately herniated discs were only a small part of my spinal issues and I had a complete fusion done last year. That was an awful surgery, the pain from recovery, PT and pretty much everything, (including breathing!) was excruciating. If I had the choice to do it over again I just don't think I would.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, I will do anything I can to help you out. You can even send Sophie and Bruce here while you recover!!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Definitely sending lots of mojo and prayers that the epidural will give you relief. Back pain is horrible. I've been pestered by it for years.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

11. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Oh Barry I am so sorry to read this. Sending major mojo your way. Please keep us posted. I really hope they can find a soultion that is not dibilitating. It really dosent matter what caused it but I am sure your AS played a role. Hope you have a good DR.

Keeping you in my thoughts

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Best Friend Retriever
    I really hope the epidural works, and you will be feeling much better real soon!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mollysmomma For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-02-2015)

Thanks everyone. I've back pain, from the lower back all the way up to my neck pretty much since I was 17 (40 years ago). The last 4 or 5 months has been on a whole new level of pain. I'm on my feet 5 hours a day at work, and by the end of a shift I'm in a lot of pain. The problem now is how it radiates down my legs, the right leg being a whole lot worse that the left. Sitting really isn't much better, after 10 minutes driving I'm in excruciating pain down my legs. I took Bruce to Rally class tonight, and didn't think I was going to make it without stopping, on 45 minute drive. The worst part, the same day I had the MRI on back I also had one on my right shoulder, that doc thinks I have a torn rotator cuff. I'm almost afraid to make that follow up appointment. I swear every day is a new adventure into the pain cave.

Senior Dog
    Mojo plus thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos