Is there a standard hand signal for "stand"?

(And I mean four paws on the ground stand.) For some reason we've never taught this one, but it would be helpful. Archie definitely pays attention to hand signals, and I'd like to use the proper one if there is one. Thanks!

It can be whatever you want it to be!

The one I use is my left hand straight in front of the nose, fingers pointing to the floor.

I was taught to move my hand backwards horizontally, at hip level. We started with puppy in a sit or down position, using a treat, while kneeling down and then we moved to the trainer standing once they got the idea. (Which only took a few times, Maxx will WORK for food, lol!) I hope this makes sense!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Where do you want to use it? If for competition probably best to ask those instructing and or competing near you.

I have two, both for Rally. One sounds like Labradorks' but I use my right hand and sweep it from my side in front of his nose, my fingers are straight so by the time my hand is in front of his nose they are pointing horizontally to his left.

For Working Level Rally we needed one for distance work. That's both my hands and arms sweeping towards each other and my arms cross. Sort of think dancing the Charleston. I bend over a bit when I do it.

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    I have two, both for Rally. One sounds like Labradorks' but I use my right hand and sweep it from my side in front of his nose, my fingers are straight so by the time my hand is in front of his nose they are pointing horizontally to his left.
    This is what I use for Stand from a sit. For a moving stand I use my left hand - usually when heeling it is on my waist, so I swing it down and almost block her nose (sort of air smack in front of her - not making actual contact) which tells her to stand. In Utility signals, I remain in heel position, in the moving stand I also use a verbal and continue on 10-12 feet leaving her in a stand.
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

You can always use the ASL sign for stand.

ASL sign for STAND UP | American Sign Language dictionary

That would work for me for distance work because the dog is facing me. But I don't see how it would work from a heel position.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos