Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to Make Yourself Feel Really Upset and Mean and Crummy :(

Pill some kittens.

Poor little things, they purr as soon as I pick them up and then I ram a worm pill into the back of their little throats, hold their little mouths closed and up in the air and stroke their little throats till they swallow.

Well that's the plan and it worked on the first one. But by Luka, who is the most trusting and cuddly, who I left till last, I had to cram the d@mn thing in four times.

And when I put them back in their room with some freshly cut up chicken left over from supper and picked them all up again to plop them by the dish not a one tried to run away or cower or fight me. Which makes me feel bad too because the wee things still trust me and I feel I don't deserve it.

And, has anyone had that blow in their faces thing work? Didn't work.

It's hard to be the tough fur Mom but it's for their own good. They hold no grudge and proved it. Don't feel guilty. I've had one or the other give me a sour look or the cold shoulder for a little bit, but not for long.

Awwww, they will be just fine, they have probably already forgotten. Obviously they love you, you have had them almost their entire lives and taken such good care of them. You are a great fur-mama, don't be so hard on yourself!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Oh I know what you mean. We used to give our elderly cat, who had asthma, pills. He was a sweet boy and trusted us even when we had to do that.
    I think I want to see some updated pics of those kitties. Sounds like you are doing a great job with them!
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Aww don't feel bad. Whenever I have to do anything to my baby kittens I always have something really yummy to give them after I'm done. Yesterday I had to clip thier nails what a chore that was. Simba was the worse growling hissing and spitting hes normally very sweet. I would do a nail, give him a treat, do another nail, give him a treat. They eventually learn to accept it positivly. BTW I think you need to post some pictures of the little darlings

I'm sorry......but a necessary job

Aww, you are making me teary eyed. Id feel the same way but is for there own good, just keep telling yourself that

Give them some extra cuddles and apologize to them profusely

I have never done the face blowy thing with a cat, but with my dog the trick was to tilt his head up, scratch his throat, and blow into his nose until he swallowed. If I let him go before that even if I thought the pill was already in the pill would ALWAYS come out.

Give 'em a kitty bath and see if they still trust you. Lol
    Shiloh 12/24/12
    Hidden Content

Awww. They're fine. Kittens are tough.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos