Goat staring guy. Part 2.

Animal control called today. I know her. She's great. Cares about animals and is very diligent even though she's pretty suspicious which many people find offensive.

Remember that weird new neighbor guy who we found in our backyard staring at our goats and took off when my husband opened the window?

So animal control is telling me that a woman saw two small black and white goats running down the street near the police department and turned into the department to let them know. Because when you see goats running down Main Street in our town, you don't call anyone, you don't let animal control know, you just make a short right and say to the officers (firefighters, police officers, whoever's standing there), "Hey, there are some goats running down Main Street. Let Phyllis know."

Naturally, we get the call and I go running to the backyard because, even though I know that Thelma and Louise would never, ever go anywhere when dinner is coming in thirty minutes even if they did get out, I'm still panicking. Animal control waits while I check and yep, they're just waiting on their oats so she asks if I know of anyone else who has goats. No, I tell her. Shortly afterward, she calls back to let me know that she's on her way to check out the boarding school barn next to our house. I'm pretty sure they only have sheep but it's OK to check and then I remember the guy standing in my backyard staring at my goats.

Maybe the guy just wanted to get some goats.

I tell her what happened and, sure enough, five minutes later, she calls and tells my husband that they found the goats, took them to that house and it turns out that they had picked up two black and white Nigerian dwarf goats who look an awful lot like ours. Apparently, they felt that the goats can just run around. Or whatever. Boy, is animal control pissed.

Weird neighbors! Who would lets goats just wander around.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

That is crazy! At least you now know he wasn't trying to goatnap yours! I still say he sounds creepy though.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos