Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bruce's second rally trial

Bruce and I did our second trial at Wilmington Kennel Club Last night. I incorrectly entered Novice B, and by the time I figured it out, they wouldn't let me transfer. No big deal same course, but 10 dogs entered rather than 4. I thought over all the course was pretty basic on the walk through. I had some help from the lady (Norma) who we've been doing hunt training with, and we walked the course together, as she was running in pairs. Bruce and I were the four to run, and I thought we did great, as we finished the judge to me "97". Way better than our first outing (80)!!!

I went back to where I was set up and told Norma we got a 97. She was very pleased and told me we did a great job. I knew the dog that went before us got a 100, so after watching all the dogs go I figured maybe second or third based on what I saw. We were called in for placing, and we tied for fourth, but were beat on time. So out of the ribbons. We did get the prize for youngest Labrador that qualified!!!

I talked to the judge, and she marked us down for a tight leash, twice at one station, and a crooked sit.

All in all it was a good outing, and I learned a lot. We got our second novice leg, and a lot of people I talked to were surprised at how well we did with Bruce only being 18 months old, and it being my second trial.

Here is Bruce with his prize. Of course right after the picture was taken he immediately tried to chew the wings off!!! Typical Lab!!! I did save it and will keep it as a memory of a good job!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (09-27-2015), Charlotte K. (09-27-2015), Labradorks (09-27-2015), Scoutpout (09-29-2015), windycanyon (09-29-2015)

Way to go, Bruce!

(Thor destroyed one of those toys in about 2 minutes. Your daddy is wise - let him hold on to it for you for special occasions only.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyThor For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-28-2015)

Way to go. In no time you will be in the next levels, which have more action and are more fun for both of you. Nice prize.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-28-2015)

Senior Dog
    Congratulations - not bad at all for a novice team with a young dog!
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Annette47 For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-28-2015)

Congratulations, way to go team Bruce!

I giggled when I saw Bruce's prize, that is one of Maxx's favorite stuffies, he keeps it in his crate! At 18 mos Maxx would have probably destroyed it in 2.5 seconds!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Congrats!!! Remember you are A.... You stay in A until you have your second dog!
    I've been able to put Grizz in RA A the last shows because while RN he had to be in B, in the higher classes he could go back to A. He got some nice FIRST place ribbons (with a marginal score) by being the only A dog competing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-28-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post
    Congrats!!! Remember you are A.... You stay in A until you have your second dog!
    I've been able to put Grizz in RA A the last shows because while RN he had to be in B, in the higher classes he could go back to A. He got some nice FIRST place ribbons (with a marginal score) by being the only A dog competing!
    Jen, I'm still trying to figure out how I screwed this up, I even went to the AKC website to make I got it right. Somehow between looking it up, and writing it down, I got it wrong!!!

As I was going through my stuff, saw the prize he won was for the youngest dog getting a qualifying score, not just Labs, but all entries which was close to 70 dogs!

You are in Nov A with only your first Rally (or obed) dog. I was never able to compete in Nov A Rally because I had already titled dogs in obed before it was a venue.

Once you move up to Advanced, if by then you put even a BN (beg nov) title on that dog, you MUST enter him in the Rally B classes.

I personally was able to enter Adv A and Exc A w/ Kanzi because I had NOT finished the BN or any obed title prior to last weekend on her. So on Friday, we finished Exc A. Also on Friday we ended up finishing her CD in the afternoon. On Sunday we finished the BN we had started several months ago. I purposely did not finish it as this was my first dog to compete in Rally Excellent and I didn't want to compete against those far more experienced, going for their RAEs. That worked out great for us.

Just remember that once he or any dog owned by you is done w/ Nov A, you never get to go back into Nov A. One chance for Nov A. Many chances for Adv A and Exc A but that all revolves around obedience title status on THAT particular dog. Clear as mud??? Anne
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to windycanyon For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-29-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    You are in Nov A with only your first Rally (or obed) dog. I was never able to compete in Nov A Rally because I had already titled dogs in obed before it was a venue.

Once you move up to Advanced, if by then you put even a BN (beg nov) title on that dog, you MUST enter him in the Rally B classes.

I personally was able to enter Adv A and Exc A w/ Kanzi because I had NOT finished the BN or any obed title prior to last weekend on her. So on Friday, we finished Exc A. Also on Friday we ended up finishing her CD in the afternoon. On Sunday we finished the BN we had started several months ago. I purposely did not finish it as this was my first dog to compete in Rally Excellent and I didn't want to compete against those far more experienced, going for their RAEs. That worked out great for us.

Just remember that once he or any dog owned by you is done w/ Nov A, you never get to go back into Nov A. One chance for Nov A. Many chances for Adv A and Exc A but that all revolves around obedience title status on THAT particular dog. Clear as mud??? Anne
    UGH!!!! Why does all this have to be so complicated!! LOL!

I entered three trials in Salisbury, Maryland at the beginning of November. Three clubs, three shows. I entered Novice A for all three. Hopefully we'll get our third novice leg on day one, the allow transfers, so I'll be able to move to Advanced A for the next two!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    UGH!!!! Why does all this have to be so complicated!! LOL!

I entered three trials in Salisbury, Maryland at the beginning of November. Three clubs, three shows. I entered Novice A for all three. Hopefully we'll get our third novice leg on day one, the allow transfers, so I'll be able to move to Advanced A for the next two!!!!
    It's not once you figure out the rationale behind it all. I can't tell you how many times other locals yelled at me (No FAIR!!) for having my girls in Rally Adv A or even Open A obed for that matter!
    You are good to go. I'm betting you finish your RN and get 2 RA legs there in MD.
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to windycanyon For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-29-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos