REV - "On The Mark"

Aye Mates.
    Today was the last day of my initial 6 month training period with REV and he will leave tomorrow in returning home to his owner. Having turned 1 year old on 7/25/15. CHURN CREEK'S EL DIABLO NUTMEG REVOLUTION (call name "REV") has come along a very nicely having made great progress during his time spent with me. He will be hunted over judiciously this coming bird season with emphasis being placed on steadying and control while afield. REV will return to me in the spring / summer of 2016 for further training andto be campaigned in AKC / HRC hunt tests.

I decided to continue the momentum gained with recent drills focused on steadying work and to work REV and me two year old TRAD in tandem today with a session of steadying over live birds (homing pigeons).

REV (foreground) and TRAD (background) SIT and remain steady while visually tracking the flight of a homing pigeon I had just released whilst I fire multiple shots from a 209 primer revolver.

REV and TRAD had added excitememt of flushes on two rooster pheasants and a covey of quail during today's session. T"was a very productive day on the training grounds and REV and TRAD working in tandem was a thing of beauty to observe. I was able to grab a few nice photos of the lads throughout the session.

REV - "ON THE MARK" Intensley focused on a training bird in flight, REV remained perfectly steady as the bird circled repeatedly and I fired the 209 primer revolver with each pass. REV is a high drive bird retrieving machine that is pure Labrador poetry in motion to watch. He is a focused and proficient marker and loves to work.

REV and TRAD remain at remote "DOWN" upon me issue of the command. They remained at "DOWN" whilst I re-birded me bird bag and returned to them and gave them a release command. We went back out to a training field to continue our steadying drills with live flyers.

REV and TRAD made fast friends early upon REV'S arrival in April. I have worked the two of them together periodically and they surely loved their time together.

I will certainly miss working with REV each day but will spend some time hunting over him this season with his owner. I look forward to continuing working with REV in the coming months. I miss ye already REV, slan go foill Mate.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Awesome!!!! I've really enjoyed following both Trad's and Rev's progress! I look forward to hearing about thier seasons in the field and further training and competing! I'm sure both with do very well!

Great photos Mike! Amazing how far he's come in 6 months and I loved following it. REV and TRAD together make quite the pair!

That is awesome work you have done They look so much alike

Have loved learning so much about the training, thank you. The pictures have been so good and informative.

Please give Rev a hug from us as he continues his journey in life with the knowledge to be a great gun dog.

Bet TRAD is going to miss him as much as you.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Barry, Molly, Jack and PopTop, thanks much for ye kind comments on the Lads and me photo's. REV was a joy to train with and I'll look forward to more time spent in training sessions with him.

CHURN CREEK'S EL DIABLO NUTMEG REVOLUTION ("REV").
    Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (09-30-2015), Jollymolly (10-01-2015), POPTOP (10-01-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos