The custodian has a designer dog

The grumpy, bearded, motorcycle-riding custodian at my school who always complains "kindergarteners don't need art!" (I teach them art along with other things) Has a labradoodle! He came into my room after school and jokingly made a comment bc I was working late and I usually leave before then (love his jokes) . I told him I always run home after work to let my dog out. So I learned he has a labradoodle! So out of character for a guy like him. He really loves his dog and told me all about it.
    So, now I have something in common with someone I didn't have anything I common with before. We love our dogs!
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Just proves you sometimes don't know what lies under those gruff exteriors. You should see my bald, bearded, motorcycle riding neighbor carrying their 4 pound Yorkie around! Now you can work on his art appreciation!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (10-07-2015)

There are a lot of soft hearts under harden exteriors. DH is one. Not someone you would want to walk up to to pass the time of day but dogs and kids melt his heart.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (10-07-2015)

Maybe you could have the kids draw pictures of his dog. That would soften his view ☺

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

Maxx&Emma (10-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by CraftHer View Post
    Maybe you could have the kids draw pictures of his dog. That would soften his view ☺
    What a great idea!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftHer View Post
    I second this!

My father always has that typical grumpy Ohioan attitude. Straight face. Groaning at anything to do with winter/cold/snow/Browns/sports teams. Grumpy 99% of the time. Only thing that he has a real soft spot for? Labs. He'd go on walks every night, come home, and say, "I saw the cutest lab! He gave me kisses and let me rub his tummy!" And yes, this is a grown man LOL Ever since we lost Katie, he was never the same. After getting Murph, I'll walk in and see him cuddling with him in the big recliner. He wraps the poor pup up in a blanket and holds him like a baby LOL My favorite picture of him and Murph was taken 2 weeks before we picked him up. My father is holding Murph and has the biggest smile on his face. Murph is in his arms smiling and giving the "I will destroy your entire house and pee all over your floors" look. Labs rock!

Dogs (especially labs) really know how to brighten people's attitudes
    ~Alyssa
    Hidden Content
    In memory of Katie 3/20/94 - 2/19/07

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos