Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FedEx, UPS, whatever.

I took Argos and Fran to the vet today. We're waiting and the FedEx guy comes in to pick up a package. He's there for a bit waiting for the receptionist and Argos is all over him. The FedEx guy is loving it then turns to me and asks, "Does your FedEx guy give him treats?" and I don't register what he's saying at first so I ask him what he means. He says, "He really likes FedEx guys. Is that because your FedEx guy gives him treats?"

Oh no. Argos likes everyone. FedEx, UPS, whatever.

Senior Dog
    Oh, man...when my guys hear either the FedEx or UPS truck anywhere near our street, they go nuts. We've had delivery men in the past who've carried treats and the dogs want to speed up the driveway to the front of the trucks to search for bags of goodies. I've got to be extra vigilant when we're out in the front of the house in case either of those trucks is anywhere around.

Sam loves the magical drawer at the drive through window at the bank. You pull up and like magic the drawer opens and a treat appears! Our FedEx and UPS guys never take enough time to even ring the doorbell. You go outside and there's a package on your stoop.
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

By chance the same UPS man has come to the Vet's while we've been in the waiting room. He pets and even hugs Oban and I've seen him do the same with other waiting dogs. Made me wonder if being a dog lover was a requirement for some routes.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

If the UPS guy didn't know better he'd think our dogs were mean from all the barking they do. As soon as we open the door, they are all tail wags and licks. Lily has tried to leave with the UPS guy on more than one occasion.

Our mail carriers have made the mistake of giving my 2 treats. If I can recognize the sound of the mail truck, you can be certain they do as well. If they are outside they follow the truck as it comes up the back street and turns the corner and comes down in front of our house. We have a split rail fence that they think they cannot go through, so they stand at the gate and bark like maniacs. One of the mail carriers is a neighbor who also has a black lab, so he will get out of his truck and come over to say Hi to them. It makes it hard for the fill-in carriers who may wonder why there's such a commotion. Our last bull mastiff Teddy would definitely have ridden off with the UPS guy, "So long, Mom and Dad! I have a new friend now!"

Not our UPS man but the mailman always brings treats when he delivers a package. If we're out walking and the mailman sees us, he always yells hi to Archie. Since Mardi does not walk much, he makes a special effort to talk to her at the house when delivering a package.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Not our UPS man but the mailman always brings treats when he delivers a package. If we're out walking and the mailman sees us, he always yells hi to Archie. Since Mardi does not walk much, he makes a special effort to talk to her at the house when delivering a package.
    Same with our mailman!
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

Maxx adores our mailman, UPS, FedEx guys because he loves everyone! They all seem to be dog lovers and always stop for a minute to talk and pet. My bank gives Milkbones so no treat for Maxx, he still would like to visit though! Our local Dunkin Donuts makes a special doggy donut so Maxx loves to go there!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
    The UPS driver at our old house used to shower Kimber with treats and attention. Obviously, she looovvved him. At our present house, the UPS guy doesn't seem to like dogs, boo. The mail lady, otoh, puts a dog cookie in the mailbox every day and if she sees us out walking, rolls down the car window to chat with Kimber.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos