Thread: All Pooped Out!

All Pooped Out!

Larky can be an ornery little thing and one thing she's learned a little too well is that Mom doesn't always close the top of the food bag after dishing out their meals. The brand we use has a zipper top on it and if I have a full cup of food in one hand, it can be difficult to zip it shut right then and there. So yesterday at dinner time I saw that the bag was open and one of the dogs had clearly taken advantage of this opportunity to do a little free feeding! They didn't do it while we were around but we had gone out of the house several times during the day leaving temptation a little too accessible.

I told my husband I was sure it had been Lark because, aside from the fact that she looked like a barrel, Chase just has never gone over and stuck his nose down in the bag. Lark has tried it on numerous occasions and I always caught her before, but I was certain she was the main culprit. She was thirstier than usual, too, although I wanted to be careful about her drinking too much water on top of too much food. I let her stay crated much of the day to avoid the dogs deciding it was time to rumble and run around, and I walked her pretty frequently. I also slept on the sofa so either dog could wake me if (s)he needed to go out or if (s)he started vomiting or retching. (Yes, at 4:12 am!)

So in the last 24 hours, Chase has pooped 3 times and Lark has pooped 8 times! I'm pretty sure I know who the food bandit was!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Classic!!!!

LOL!

The best thing we've found is a kibble bin. Got ours at PetsMart. Smaller bin upstairs holds almost half a bag. The rest, in the bag, goes in the bin downstairs. Love that the lids have a seal and a latch. Also, being on wheels it's easy to move it out of the pantry for sweeping.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos