Red face Big step for Cooper

I am happy to report that Cooper actually picked up a toy last night! He carried it about 5 feet and dropped it and then walked away, but it is the 1st time he's done anything remotely fun since we lost Emma 11 days ago. Today my son brought his puppy over and he actually returned a tennis ball to me 3 times before giving up.

He's had 4 doses of his antibiotics and I'm not seeing much improvement in urination or drinking, but I'm still hopeful it's going to work for him.

Poor guy, at least he tried to play, definately contact your vet for more agressive testing if you dont see improvement on antibiotics within 2 to 3 days.

Well that is progress. I sure hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

Glad he seems perkier. I hope the antibiotics work also. When you mentioned excessive drinking and peeing I wondered about diabetes, but the kind that requires insulin, not the other variety, diabetes insipidus. We're sending mojo for neither of those.

Glad to hear Cooper is perking up. It does take them time.

If his symptoms don't seem to be resolving, I would definitely contact the vet.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

More improvement today! Seems like his drinking and urinating are both less than the last few days. Not to mention we went to bed at 9:30 and he didn't wake me to go out until 5:00 this morning...compared to every 2 hours the last few weeks. He also picked up an antler ear to chew on and brought it to me. I am hoping we are on the mend!!!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coopsmom For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (10-13-2015), katALlabs (10-13-2015), Maxx&Emma (10-14-2015), Meeps83 (10-14-2015), Snowshoe (10-14-2015), Tilly (10-14-2015), ZoeysMommy (10-13-2015)

Yay Cooper! I don't know if we're close in location, but Maverick lost his sister about 10 days ago and would love a new buddy.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos