DR appointment update

Major vent

I have really lost my abilty to understand a medical field that has no compation for inteanse chronic pain.

The result from my appointment was as precieved. The Dr would like to replace my knee replacement. Replace my right knee abd then relpave my right hip. Great news. He will not assist in any form of pain mangement for now.... wants me to lose some weight.... So he won't touch me because my pain levels are way too high. But wants me to get off any pain management drugs I am on. I am not on any. He was willing to give me a medication that makes me ill to force weight lose. He wants me to go do acqu arobics. In other words nothing but increase my pain till the day I can no onger take it anymore and bury myself in the ground.

Feeling really bad that no one really cares enough to help. I am 45 years old suffering in pain levels I cant tolerate and I don't really know where to turn.

The only small glimse of hope I have is Colorado. My friend will be flyibg down to help me drive up next week.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I was reading a story on Facebook yesterday, posted by a friend that deals with chronic pain due to Lyme disease, about how doctors take women's pain less seriously then men's. It was an interesting, albeit sad, read. I'm going to see if I can go find it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arentspowell For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (10-20-2015)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arentspowell For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (10-20-2015)

Sorry you are going through this, intense chronic pain is no fun at all. Apologies if this is duplicate info for you, what about a pain management clinic or practitioner? I went to one many years ago when I had chronic back pain and I found the visualisation and meditation exercises did take the edge off the pain and helped me to feel like I had some control over the pain monster. Take care

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tilly For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (10-20-2015)

Senior Dog
    I am so sorry about your chronic pain. I would seek a second opinion. Maybe look for a new practitioner in Colorado.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JC001 For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (10-20-2015)

Coming from the view of the medical profession, we see so many people that are "seekers" that truth and lies start to seem the same. It's not right, but we do get jaded because we see the short end of the stick more often than not.

Im sorry you are still going thru this and I hope you can find the relief you need.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeps83 For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (10-21-2015)

You know what makes me sick is the fact that a medical proffetional asked me if I could afford to buy my meds on the street. So in order to get pain management they want to recomend that you become some form of drug addict. Then they can put you in rehab and make more money. Just sickens me.
    Last edited by Jollymolly; 10-21-2015 at 08:50 AM.

I am sorry you are going through this.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (10-21-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos