Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Naked and Afraid.

I don't understand this show. I watch it all of the time but I have no idea why anyone would voluntarily go on it. Maybe I'm preparing for the apocalypse and trying to get some ideas but as long as I can distill water at home, I don't see myself being in that situation any time soon. Let's face it, I can do this at home.

Today, I got out of the shower and realized that the pants I wanted were in the dryer. I went to get them and put a new load in the washer and there, in the sink was a dead mouse. A freshly dead mouse. This is where the washer drains.

My husband's official title in our relationship is He Who Kills Things and Takes Care of All Dead Bodies. He tried on B*****d Executioner recently just to shorten it up but that's not technically correct so he had to ditch it on moral grounds. He has been at conferences for almost two weeks and won't be back until Saturday so my greatest fear was coming true. If I wanted clean clothes, I would have to fish this dead thing out of the mesh drain catcher.

The one handed single dirt scoop did not do it. I managed to get it out of the drain catcher but then wound up shoving it all over the sink. So I got another dirt scoop and used that to kind of flip it onto the first one, freaked out when I realized that the people on the show would have eaten it and flipped it right back into the sink. After a few more attempts, it was out the door and I collected myself enough to get the laundry I had come down for.

Then I headed back upstairs and as I left the basement I realized that I was, Naked. And Afraid.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to janedoe For This Useful Post:

Blackboy98 (10-29-2015), Gibbysmom (10-28-2015), Maxx&Emma (10-29-2015), Meeps83 (10-28-2015), POPTOP (10-28-2015), Scoutpout (10-29-2015), Sue-Ram (10-29-2015)

There's a visual in here that just has me giggling ... naked woman with a dead mouse. Not something you can say you see very often. I'm still laughing at your husband's attempt to shorten his title

I don't blame ya! I don't do dead. The only thing I fear more than a live rat, cockroach, or lizard is a dead rat, cockroach, or lizard. I won't go near it and I certainly won't touch it!

I don't do mice. Or spiders. Or yellow jackets.

If I had a medal, I would give you one for surviving...naked and afraid!

When I was little, my dad and I were out shopping while my mom was home. She went to put her makeup on and saw a small, gray thing running across the living room. She screamed and called my dad, who was trying to explain he was in the middle of shopping and couldn't just leave the groceries. He finally gave in and raced home to "rescue" her. If I remember, the mouse ended up crawling under the fridge or somewhere in the kitchen. I hid in the car until this was all over with! Ever since then, I'm quick to close the door behind me in fear that a mouse will get in. We've also set traps in the attic and have caught several. Sadly, my room is next to the attic and I fear for my life every night.
    ~Alyssa
    Hidden Content
    In memory of Katie 3/20/94 - 2/19/07

OMG, laughing so hard.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Best Friend Retriever Gibbysmom's Avatar
    Thanks for the belly laugh!!!! One of my co-workers watches this all the time. I've watched it a few times, but not a lot. You definitely were Naked and Afraid!!! I had a similar thing happen when my husband was gone hunting and there was a mouse in the house when we lived in Wy......our cat looked at me like....what...you want me to do something??? Finally got it in a shoe box and put outside. Very traumatizing.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDragon14 View Post

If I had a medal, I would give you one for surviving...naked and afraid!
    I appreciate that. As long as it's not a bow drill fire starter. What is up with that? If I was out there, I would have chosen a flamethrower.

the mental picture is priceless! and talk about a fitting title!

I live in a more rural area. Mice are always a factor. For some reason all summer (don't the little rodents read - mice aren't supposed to come inside till the Fall!) I've been dealing with mice. One of the rooms rented downstairs has a mouse freeway above it. they're not eating the bait (safely hidden in the ceilings). The only thing that was slowing them down was a good old-fashioned trap with cheese in it. Seriously, who has at least 2 mice a week caught during July and August?!?!! The trap is on their highway in a drop ceiling, which means 4 or so times a week i'm peeking very carefully above a slightly-pulled-down ceiling tile to see if anyone's taken the bait. and then having to dispose of said victim, and reset the trap. You'd think word would get around, but no, always a new victim.

They are so cute, but the thought of what they could be doing to the house, wiring, insulation, etc. means that they cant stay, and they don't take hints...

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe View Post
    Today, I got out of the shower and realized that the pants I wanted were in the dryer. I went to get them and put a new load in the washer and there, in the sink was a dead mouse. A freshly dead mouse.

After a few more attempts, it was out the door and I collected myself enough to get the laundry I had come down for.

Then I headed back upstairs and as I left the basement I realized that I was, Naked. And Afraid.
    Did you put on your freshly dried pants or did you go al-fresco?
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Lol!!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos