Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fun dog/deer chase video

Poor thing, she probably wants to beat the living crap out of that dog. See how she's lifting her front feet? Good chance she has a fawn nearby and is feeling very threatened.

The dog is wagging and looks like he thinks it's a fun game but the doe is stressed and if that dog got out I know lots of people who would shoot a dog running deer. He doesn't even have to catch her, just run her, particularly if she was still pregnant.

Sorry, just call me killjoy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

FriesianFury (06-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    Poor thing, she probably wants to beat the living crap out of that dog. See how she's lifting her front feet? Good chance she has a fawn nearby and is feeling very threatened.

The dog is wagging and looks like he thinks it's a fun game but the doe is stressed and if that dog got out I know lots of people who would shoot a dog running deer. He doesn't even have to catch her, just run her, particularly if she was still pregnant.

Sorry, just call me killjoy.
    I agree the deer looks aggressive. What do you mean--people would shoot the dog? or the deer?
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Shoot the dog.

Best Friend Retriever Snowco Labradors's Avatar
    I agree the deer is most likely stressed, not having fun playing. Dogs that run deer in the wild can run the deer to its death. Never a good thing.

Now if you want to see real fun between a deer and a Lab watch this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...68235269,d.cWc

^^ now that is a playful deer and very cute lol the first video she was not happy
    Garrus
    Black Golden Retriever/Lab/Great Pyrenees
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Wow the second video was amazing!!!

I just don't get why people would shoot dogs that are running deer. We have an overpopulation of deer here and people are out there hunting deer as soon as the season begins.
    I'm a city girl and this doesn't make sense.
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Quote Originally Posted by WhoopsaDaisy View Post
    Wow the second video was amazing!!!

I just don't get why people would shoot dogs that are running deer. We have an overpopulation of deer here and people are out there hunting deer as soon as the season begins.
    I'm a city girl and this doesn't make sense.
    Sure it makes sense. Hunters want that deer to shoot themselves. Dogs running deer might run calves or lambs or other farm animals. A deer run to death and or mauled is not something most people like to think of and it's human nature for us to root for the under dog, which in such a case is the deer. Way more people than you like to think, probably, really don't like a dog running loose, especially in an agricultural area. Two of my neighbours let their dogs run. One was shot dead, the other got a bionic leg after his was shattered by gunshot. It's legal for a farmer to shoot nuisance animals, here.

The deer in the first video wasn't the brightest creature, was she? Here the dog is behind a fence, the deer could run away at any point, and yet, she dashes back and forth outside the fence repeatedly. In fact, the dog often started running before the deer did. The stupid deer probably wanted to jump the fence so she could eat all the hostas and other plantings the homeowner had just put in.

I don't want to see a deer run to ground or mauled, but they're as numerous as squirrels around here, eat everything they can get to- vegetables, roses, azaleas, pachysandra, you name it. I asked a local farmer what to do about the deer taking bites out of my tomatoes that were still on the plants, and he advised me to shoot them. They are a traffic hazard, running across not just side roads, but major highways. For those who know St. Louis, a deer ran across I-64/40 and slammed right into my husband's car, dying in the process and totaling the car, nearly totaling my husband. If the deer in that video was stressed, she should and could have run away sooner.

Well smartrock, right now does are having babies and from the looks of her she is close or just had a baby. With that said if her young ones are close by she is doing everything to get that dog away despite a fence between her and the dog so this maybe the very reason she is stressed and chase the dog when it starts the run first. She don't understand that fence is stopping the dog.

Now where I live it is illegal to shot a deer without a license and only allowed to shot them during hunting season. If your farmer is having that much problems, he might want to open his land to hunters during hunting season, that will help drop some of population down. I only this cause I was a farmer girl who grew up to hunt. I do know that some farmers have to get a permit to shot deer, wolf's, coyote etc if they are causing damage to live stock etc. Some places you don't need a permit on a farm to kill anything that wonders on it.
    Garrus
    Black Golden Retriever/Lab/Great Pyrenees
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos