Senior Dog

Bett (Betty) and Nancy O

Status check. How are you two doing? (Nick also)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

Blackboy98 (11-02-2015), doubledip1 (11-02-2015), kelsyg (10-30-2015), Maxx&Emma (10-30-2015), MikeLynn (10-30-2015), OHfemail (11-02-2015), POPTOP (10-30-2015), Scoutpout (10-30-2015), smartrock (10-30-2015), Snowshoe (10-30-2015)

Senior Dog
    I am fouler than foul.
    without going into great detail, ( sort of funny,coming from me) the pain management PA added neuron tin ( gabapentin) to the mix. Started me on 300 mg and I should go up to 900. It's for nerve pain.
    this morning was a mean trick.i woke up without horrible pain.ten minutes later , it was back.
    still going to wellness ( gym) at PT and Fernando, the owner, still pulls me ,just about every week, for some pt.in his brilliance,he asked me to get an X-ray of my right hip.my dr did and of course, I have " a bit" of arthritis in my right hip. Ok, so now Fernando does some magic, then I get on the treadmill. Yup, me, on the treadmill. I'm scared to death of it when I need a stress test but now, it's part of my three hour six day a week workout. Yesterday I managed to beat the day before record.of course, not on an incline, holding on, a mile ( yes, a mile) in 22 minutes. Of course, no limping doing that.
    i bought 4 pair of shoes at Nordstrom- tired of switching between two pairs of sneakers) and Nordstrom is wonderful because they take them back, even years later, for any reason.i spent more than I should have, considering nick is on social security disability, working maybe one eleven hour day a week.
    a pair of those slip on suede sneakery things ( don't walk too great because I'm so used to the comfort of sneakers), a pair of moccasin/ desert boot with fringe black suede booties ( ugh) but so far can't find thin enough socks, so I don't feel the plate rub. I'll find them if it kills me. A very sweet pair if flat, velvet shoes with the front the face of a kitty.a bit dressy and really barely go out to eat but just in case, I have something special. And my favorite, unworn so far, Gucci ( oh yes I did) short boots with a zipper that opens all the way down so I can get in without pointing my foot too much.i really hope these work.flat, and I love them.no one will see the socks so I should be able to find something. I could easily be addicted to "happy socks" but will look in marshals as I know they often carry them.too expensive otherwise.( pretty funny since I spent so much on shoes but.....)
    i got put in a funk, 11 months and basically could be 18-24 months and then of course, the wretched threat of arthritis there and my alternatives which are an ankle replacement or fusion.all I can say is a pilon fracture is sucky.not fatal but cristina, my shrink says, it's still my pain and I'm allowed to moan and groan.
    i work like a horse in pt, obsessively never missing a day.sundays I ride my recumbent bike, and pray to see my grands, because I fake it and act pretty normal. Cole asked me if I will ever run after him again and I told him I would.then I turned to nick and said " if I have to run on my knees, I will run after him.

dogs are hanging in.jake, 13 now, with LP, is failing and fragile as I am, it's breaking my heart.
    vangie just turned 7 and she and eli, may ruin my house.they have a routine where every piece of my living room furniture is pushed out of place, against Windows, tables pushed all over and I can't believe my ma's baby grand was only chewed and not pushed into my neighbor's house.eli, needless to say, is leaping on beds, couches and is not the couch potato I expected. He's tuff, I think he thinks he's a rot tie, but cute at the same time.i admit not doing my homework on the breed and Eli was an impulsive buy, grieving from the loss of Rex. I admit it. All my doing as nick would go along with any dog I would want. Tho he thinks we will get another lab eventually, I told him we would be too old BUT I would adopt the oldest, saddest shelter dog. Nick said " why? So we can spend a zillion dollars on vet bills?". My answer- " no. So an unwanted,thrown away dog can die knowing it was loved.

ok, I hope I didn't bore you ( I see lots of folks I don't know and they don't know me) but paula, you asked. And I so appreciate ( and love you) you asking. I'm just in such a foul mood that I hate boring you guys with the details.

oh yeah, get this one.i cut off all my hair- unhealthy I guess from laying bed, meds, and god knows what and somehow, I have l healthy, short, CURLY hair. People I know and meet like it, but what's with curls?
    i don't get it but so much easier to deal with.wash, put in some goop, tussle it, and done.also lost over 20 lbs. ,toned up ( rock hard thighs), and went back to almost vegetarian eating fish and shellfish. Great that nick is a butcher but they get fish too.

ok, by now I must have lost all newbies and some others must be hoping for an ending. So sorry for the long post but it's been a very long time.
    love you guys and wish I had the ooompf to be on more.i can only say " I'll try"
    hugs

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bett For This Useful Post:

Blackboy98 (11-02-2015), Dallas dawg (11-01-2015), Doreen Davis (11-02-2015), kelsyg (11-02-2015), MikeLynn (11-01-2015), OHfemail (11-02-2015), Scoutpout (11-01-2015), Snowshoe (11-02-2015), SunDance (11-02-2015), Tilly (11-02-2015)

Senior Dog
    Bett,

all I can say is, Oy vey! Keep on truckin' and check in when you can. Lots of lab board mojo sent your way.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

bett (11-01-2015)

What a journey you have had. So proud that you are plugging away at the exercises. Hey, girl, you deserve a new pair, or a few new pairs, of shoes. So, so good to hear from you and please, please don't be a stranger here. We love you and want to know how you are doing.

You with your ankle, me with my hip, we'd make a fantastic pair, LOL
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

bett (11-02-2015), OHfemail (11-02-2015)

Senior Dog
    3 hour, 6 day a week workout!!!!!! I don't think Arnold worked out that much. Good for you!
    Dont worry about the hip, get the leg moving and pain free. Heck, Fran has a new hip and she's fixin to shovel snow in a couple of months. So you can get a new one later on.
    x2 on what Fran said, we think about ya often and would love to hear from ya.
    Keep on going and know we're behind ya.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

bett (11-02-2015)

So good to hear from you, cranky or not!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen Davis For This Useful Post:

bett (11-02-2015)

Senior Dog
    i am cranky most of the time. poor nick. he's working like a dog. cooking, cleaning, washing. he's not ready for full time work, but boy that fusion should have been done years ago. the pain he had is gone, a zinger every once in a while, but for the most part ok. and he and the shoemaker designer a "roller" sole so he doesnt limp terribly. (and that leg is already an inch or so shorter from the original accident.). however, i don't want it.
    and my hip has a "bit" of arthritis so I'm not thinking surgery yet. or for a long time, if ever.

and I've been so self involved and not here that i didnt know fran had a hip replacement. forgive me fran, I'm a turd. i hope you are on the mend and doing well. don't think of me as a bad friend. I'm sorry i was not there for you.

ok, off to the gym, stiff but not terrible today. hopefully, it stays like this or better after the gabapentin. don't take that till i come back. loopy isn't good on a treadmill.

I'm glad to hear from you and you're not so foul. You're still pushing and haven't rolled over, except maybe for Vangie and Eli.

How about some pictures of those Gucci booties. They sound perfect.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bestadmom For This Useful Post:

bett (11-03-2015)

[QUOTE=POPTOP;96975]What a journey you have had. So proud that you are plugging away at the exercises. Hey, girl, you deserve a new pair, or a few new pairs, of shoes. So, so good to hear from you and please, please don't be a stranger here. We love you and want to know how you are doing.

You with your ankle, me with my hip, we'd make a fantastic pair, LOL

Dance partners!!!!
    OR crawling partners afterwards.

Hope you both heal more quickly and get your medicals problems resolved and get to enjoying life.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackboy98 For This Useful Post:

bett (11-03-2015)

Three hours a day, six days a week? I think your therapists are reading the Lab board and trying to give you so much exercise you'll be too tired to moan and groan. My gosh.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

bett (11-03-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos