Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Light Up Night Collars?

There's so many options! Anyone have a favorite that they'd recommend?
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

Senior Dog
    Collar Lights

i don't know if that will show up, but if u search "collar lights" there was thread and I think Mocha got one with neat pictures.

Perfect thank you! I tried searching for it before posting, but my buzz words must not have been right.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

I have the Nite Dawg collars for both of mine, which is what I think Mocha has. I have an orange one and a red one. The orange shows up much better than the red one at night. I also got one in a size medium for Lark and even though she is so much smaller than Chase (20 pounds lighter), the medium barely fits her. Since that's the red one, I may just get her a large orange one and cut the glow part down to fit her. I forget how old your pup is, but if he's still growing I'd skip the medium for the large one.

Oh, I see Bubba is 7 months old, yeah, go with the large. It's possible if I change the batteries mine will be brighter, that's what some of the Amazon reviewers said improved the brightness of the collar.

Personally I found Glowdoggie to be the best. You said the best. So they are more expensive. $50-$70 depending on the options.
    Glowdoggie LED dog collars, lighted dog collars, LED collars

It just slips over their head. Make sure you size it correctly it will not come off. It is completely waterproof and the battery, a double AAA last forever. I also us lithium for extreme cold weather. I have only replaced batteries twice in the last 3 years. That is as long as you follow instructions. Basically it turn off if hung upside down for 10 minutes. Turn it on by flipping back up and put on dog. The weight of the battery keeps the bottom part down while on the dog.

I have had people stop and ask me about it when they see Hemi coming down the road with it.

Oh yeah and Hemi's is going on 3 year now, it has been swimming, in snow and ice, been camping and so on. He has really put it through some abuse, still looks and works like new.
    Last edited by Jeff; 11-04-2015 at 03:01 PM.

I have the NiteIze/NiteDawg ones.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I also use NiteIze but not the collar. I use the pendent light that can be clipped onto a collar. I like that it can be turned onto different colors or blink colors.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Mocha has the NightDawg LED collar and the white SpotLit LED Pet Light. Here's the original post that sparked my search for a light up collar. Collar Lights

They both work pretty well. Seems we change batteries about every 2-3 months. He can still turn in such a way that he hides both the collar and the light, but not for long.

Here's the update post with pictures.
    Collar Lights - Update

Sometimes I wonder what people driving by think when they see the red glow bouncing around in the dark. That's the stuff urban legends are made of

the cheapest option may be to get the LED you attach to the collar - but note that if you hit a sports store they are cheaper than if you go to a pet store same exact thing!!
    for example these would be much more expensive at a pet store. I have used them and like them, I just tend to lose things in the house
    Nite Ize SpotLit LED Carabiner Light - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

I have tried a variety of collars, last year I picked up the head lites which I like (also much nicer looking than many others).
    Head-Lites Pet Products Inc. |

Glowdggie may be the best (though it's not a collar with a clip) as far as lighting goes - i just couldn't afford the price tag

Scout's got a NightDawg, as well as a couple off-brands that are essentially the same thing. It works pretty good. He's also got a blaze-orange harness that has lights on the front, top, and both sides, as i found he could "hide" the collar too often. He's got some Nite Ize coloured lights that strobe, flash or steady that twist on/off on the front (white), left (red) right (green), plus their old strip light on each side, plus a flashing red beacon on top (unfortunately all discontinued). I can see him, and also tell which direction he's going by what colour light i see.
    Nite Ize has a cool new product similar to the one Jeff has for Hemi, called NiteHowl. Looks interesting.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos