Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sappy and Corny

Sappy and Corny

The other day I was thinking that one of the best things about having a lab are the extra random moments of joy and laughter that he brings to our lives. Today I walked in on Thor and my husband wrestling in the living room and busted into giggles. We're a pretty laid back and happy couple, but we didn't have nearly as many of those moments before we brought Thor into our lives.

It sounds corny, but I thought about sharing it here after browsing back through some "my puppy is a piranha and wants to kill me!" kind of posts. Yep, Thor was the same way. I remember some days (thankfully very few) where I wondered if my puppy would ever love me, ever stop biting me. But the puppy crazies pale in comparison to the wonderful clown he's become. Stay patient, take the advice you see here, and you'll have the best friend ever.

Okay, sappiness done. I just felt like writing a little love letter to my boy.
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MightyThor For This Useful Post:

barry581 (11-16-2015), doubledip1 (11-16-2015), kelsyg (11-16-2015), kimbersmom (11-16-2015), Macy (11-16-2015), Sue-Ram (11-16-2015), Tilly (11-19-2015)

Completely agree with everything except sappiness is never "done" ☺

I remember thinking I'll never be able to snuggle with Mocha out even go a week without being wounded!

Mocha is just the best dog ever! Sometimes I think I should not talk about how wonderful he is so much (especially to non dog people) because they'll think I'm a crazy dog lady. But then I realize I am a crazy dog lady!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

MightyThor (11-17-2015)

While I can't relate to the puppy antics and woos, this really makes me smile. Share all those sappy and corny times, I love them.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I love that you are in love. I have been called a crazy dog lady since I was very young LOL

I'm proudly a crazy dog daddy. After a long,frustrating day at work to come home to that big,lovable hunk of chocolate labby bouncing at the gate, so happy to see me just makes me smile and the days aggravation fade away.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Sophie has made us laugh like idiots many times, out of nowhere. Love the little bugger to bits.
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

Oh boy, the days of posting countless threads about biting when nothing was working. Those were the days! (I would never go back LOL)

Murphy is getting much, much, much better with his biting thankfully. Now it's more of mouthing versus "play biting", but he has his moments. I used to stare at him everyday and wonder what I was doing wrong. I figured he hated me and would never get better. Luckily, he turned things around and loves me now. I laugh every time he follows me around the house (yes, even in the bathroom...), jumps up on the couch and sleeps while I watch tv or use the computer, etc.

I wouldn't trade anything for my dog. I love walking in and hearing his big tail slam against the metal bars in his crate because he heard the garage door go up.

You never know how much your lab means to you until you stop and think about it!

(side note: That picture of Thor makes me want to pick him up and give him tons of kisses!)
    ~Alyssa
    Hidden Content
    In memory of Katie 3/20/94 - 2/19/07

I remember clearly the first time I was able to simply pet Macy(briefly) without sending her into a piranha puppy feeding frenzy. We like to say "worst puppy ever". She was really awful.
    When I look at the big goof laying on her back with her feet up, dropping her ball and staring at me to throw it or pushing up against me for some loving, I think our home without her would be pretty boring.

Senior Dog
    So much truth. The first five months were brutal, the first two or three years were hard, and then it became amazing. Kimber's a senior now and earlier this fall she seemed to be failing and it hit me SO HARD. Thankfully that seemed to be just a phase and she's back to being active again and acting like her Kimber-riffic self.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Real Retriever Moby and Barley's Mom's Avatar
    Oh my gosh! I love this. First because Thor is so one of my favorite puppies here and also because be is about the same age as Barley. There were several times with him that I was ready to throw in the towel. (Of course, two months after we got him we had a huge earthquake and I started divorce proceedings so my patience was at a premium.! ) now Barley is a year 1/2 and oh my gosh, I love him so much. I don't know if I could have gotten over the passing of my Moby without his goofiness. Thank god he still steals the dish cloths every morning and climbs into my lap when I sit by the fire in the morning. Thank goodness his lip gets stuck in a weird curl some times when I am throwing the ball for him. Yes. Don't give in the towel. They become amazing!
    Forever in my heart - Sweet gentle Moby - lover of belly rubs, bacon, and Barbara 9-10-2001 to 11-2-2015

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Moby and Barley's Mom For This Useful Post:

MightyThor (11-17-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos