Thread: Stray Animals

House Broken

Stray Animals

I'm tired. A lot. I'm really fed up.
    You know, there are lots of stray dogs and cats in Turkey. They are getting ill, injured. Government does not spend enough money for them. Very little shelters. Very little vets allocated for stray animals. If you take an injured animal to those shelters you never know if he will get the treatment.

2 weeks ago I saw a stray cat which has an open wound in her leg, a very big wound, looking terrible. I took her to the vet. She had an operation. Since that time I'm taking her to the vet everyday or every other day. I'm really tired Today since I feel sick I came home from work earlier. First thing I did is going to the vet. There I learned that all of her stitches are opened (because of infection). I don't know what will happen. Vet told that her healing will last long. I should continue to take her to the vet regularly. I don't even talk about the vet costs. And the time I spent at home for the cat. Also that I feel sad each time when she is in pain. I worry a lot when she does not eat.

Each time I promise myself that I'll not see the stray animals. I will close my eyes. But again.
    I'm already feeding nearly 12 stray cats two times in a day and 5 dogs(only when they came). I know this is good in some aspect, of course, it is good and I feel comfortable. But sometimes I feel too much pressure, too much responsibility.

just venting...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to capra For This Useful Post:

Sue-Ram (11-17-2015)

We have a similar situation here, unfortunately. They did get some funds to spay/neuter stray animals a few years ago which helped the situation a bit, but stray animals are still a problem. Kudos to you for helping them.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

So a hard situation to be in. I applaud your giving heart. I do what I can do to help locally but there are limits. I know it tears at your heart to see the strays suffering.

Hugs to you.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Luckily for the stray cats and dogs you're not able to turn a blind eye. I know it hurts your heart, but thanks for feeding them.
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

Thank you for helping them. 12 cats and 5 dogs, I hope you are a millionnaire. Good for you, a somebody who cares.

It's not so bad with dogs here but cats are a dime a dozen. All of the five we keep in the house we live trapped outside, they were all feral or dumped or strays. There are two more regulars outside. One we are starting our 4th winter of feeding. The other is new, a young Tomcat. We've watched him grow over the summer and certain aspects of his anatomy are getting noticeably big so we have the live trap out, wired open for now. The plan is to trap, neuter, release. Our OSPCA has a program for that but the cat must be taken to them in the trap. I'd love to keep Joey, he's my favourite colour, black. But the 5 inside already don't get along.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    Thank you for helping them. 12 cats and 5 dogs, I hope you are a millionaire. Good for you, a somebody who cares.

It's not so bad with dogs here but cats are a dime a dozen. All of the five we keep in the house we live trapped outside, they were all feral or dumped or strays. There are two more regulars outside. One we are starting our 4th winter of feeding. The other is new, a young Tomcat. We've watched him grow over the summer and certain aspects of his anatomy are getting noticeably big so we have the live trap out, wired open for now. The plan is to trap, neuter, release. Our OSPCA has a program for that but the cat must be taken to them in the trap. I'd love to keep Joey, he's my favourite colour, black. But the 5 inside already don't get along.
    OMG, you sound like me! I have four indoor rescue cats--one of which was a failed TNR. I don't, however, have any outside due to the number of coyotes around us.

I remember on my European cruise a few years back there were a lot of stray cats about. I also saw a lot of people feeding them, so hopefully they were also being neutered.

We recently had a round-up of stray dogs near here because a man was attacked and killed in his yard by a stray dog. It's worse in some areas than others.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos