Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So annoyed

So annoyed

This is why I hate leaving the dogs. Apparently my mother in law mixed up their food. I had them already portioned in baggies then in a bigger bag for each dog and added their supplements to each baggie. Should have been simple but she thought they were for both dogs even though I wrote their names on it.

I also wrote to check gauges ears daily and clean if needed. He has been on the supplements for a while and its helped with his skin and ear infections.

Well you guessed it he wasn't getting his supplements BC she wasn't feeding him his meals so Benelli was getting them some of the time. When I got home his ears were so gunky they smelled horrible and he was holding his head to the side and crying when I touched them.

I managed to get them cleaned out and got him some ear meds at the vet today.

It's tough to come home from a lovely vacation to things not being... right. Oh yeah, been there- don't even ask about the blinds in our master bathroom after a family member had stayed with our kids while my spouse and I were out of the country. It's temporary, it's fixable, you had a lovely vacation, don't let this intrude on your vacation high spirits or plans for future vacays!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Nobody will take care of your dogs as well as you can. I agree it's annoying but like Smartrock says, don't let it bring down the high spirits of you vacay.

Some friends of ours has another friend who would house, fish and dog sit for them. Christmas 2 years ago, the dogs got skunked. So, she brought them into the house and in their kennels until she figured out what do! Fortunately, the neighbor helped out and washed the dogs. We put some heavy duty odor catchers in the house. The house faintly smelled of skunk when they got home. It could have been much worse.

arghh. I understand your frustration!
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

House Broken
    Oh dear. So sorry that happened. Something similar happened when we boarded our two this summer. The dogs shared a bedroom with a dropcam in it, but spent the day hours in play groups. I happened to check the dropcam around dinnertime only to see a worker put two bowls of food in the bedroom. 5 minutes later, he brought our boy dog in and shut the door. Our boy dog thought it was Christmas and, naturally, ate both bowls of food. 10 minutes later, our girl dog was brought in from her play group (she's in a group for medium size dogs, while boy is in the large group). Our girl dog didn't have any dinner to eat because our boy had eaten them both. Of course, I called immediately to explain what I saw and made sure they fed our girl dog from the stash of extra food we had sent them.

Turned out that this had been going on for a couple of days (I only just happened to catch it once by coincidence). I was furious, to put it mildly. You'd think a place that charges over $150/night for two dogs would be able to manage to feed two dogs properly.

It does suck, nobody will ever look after your dogs the way you do. The dogs not being fed properly for several nights would have really made me mad!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

So sorry. It's hard when you went to as much preparation as you did. Glad you were able to get Gauge's ears back in shape.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I know it could have been worse and his ear is looking better its just what if it was other medication not just a supplement. Benelli isn't going to get sick from it but what if it was something else.

I work at a boarding kennel so maybe that is why it irritates me more that it should.

That's why my dogs go to the kennel if they can't come with us. I depend on the kennel to run a tighter ship.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Benelli doesn't do well at the kennel even if I bring him to work with me he hates being in the cage he's fine at home tho after working with my trainer to get him to like it.

The people I trust to do it live an hour away so they won't stay at the house.

My neighbor works at a kennel as well so next time I'm going to see if she will do it. She's a manager as well so I know I can trust her with little details.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos