Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DUMB dog habits

DUMB dog habits

Let's talk about dumb dog habits. I'll start.
    --The more active and stimulating the day Daisy has, the naughtier she is in the evening. Unlike some dogs she is not bothered with the petty emotions of guilt or shame. She will jump on the couch (There is a NO DOG on the couch rule, and she looks right at me and jumps while I'm ON IT), prance around in front of me with my shoe in her mouth, prance around in front of me with mail in her mouth, try to get food off the counter, etc. There is no reasoning with her at this point- I have to force her to nap in her crate. She is NOT a baby anymore so I don't know why she does this.
    Which leads me to the another dumb dog habit--
    She licks her dog bed in her crate...over and over. The licking sound is enough to make me want to let her out of her crate. Wait, I think she's finally passed out. Whew!!!
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Oh, come on, Daisy is still a baby. You've got a while yet (3 more years? jk) before she matures.

Roxy is naughty in the evenings too, despite our walks, backyard play, training, and everything else we do on a daily basis. She actually behaved better when she was in heat and on house arrest! Her dummy habits are currently stealing the toilet paper roll, and also trying to jump on my lap when I am on the computer.
    - LS2Erin

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    b. 12/17/12
    My rock 'n roll star.
    Hidden Content
    10/09/00 - 01/24/12
    My pride and joy, R.I.P.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ls2erin For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (06-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ls2erin View Post
    Oh, come on, Daisy is still a baby. You've got a while yet (3 more years? jk) before she matures. Roxy is naughty in the evenings too, despite our walks, backyard play, training, and everything else we do on a daily basis. She actually behaved better when she was in heat and on house arrest! Her dummy habits are currently stealing the toilet paper roll, and also trying to jump on my lap when I am on the computer.
    House arrest is a good term for it! No, mine was sad and mopey during her heat I guess I know she's happy and healthy when she is breaking every rule oh so joyously!
    Ah, the stealing the TP hasn't occurred to Daisy in a while, but that does remind me she does take the paper towel roll right off the kitchen counter!!

Aw poor Daisy. Roxy seemed fine during her heat, pretty normal except better behaved haha. Wow, Roxy has never taken the paper towel roll! Let's not give her any ideas....
    - LS2Erin

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    b. 12/17/12
    My rock 'n roll star.
    Hidden Content
    10/09/00 - 01/24/12
    My pride and joy, R.I.P.

House Broken
    Carley goes really overboard with chasing her tail. I'm talking up to 45 minutes at a time. When she catches it, then she'll change directions and carry on. She also loves to pull the cover off Luci's crate, towels off the towel rack, dishrags from the kitchen, etc.
    Luci is just.... Luci, always mouthing off at everyone.

Sophie is the master of stealing dish towels and socks. She loves tearing up newspaper and magazines. She is infatuated with bunny poo. When she's grazing for bunny poo, her hearing capabilities are gone! She has zoomies in our bedroom at night, usually set off by the cat, and there is no stopping her.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (06-06-2014)

Sam licks my stainless steel refrigerator door. Drives me bonkers! I actually didn't know it was him making the big smudges on the door and was giving my family a hard time. I was calling them out asking who the slob was who kept putting big smudges on the door. Of course they were like we have no idea what you're talking about. A few days later I happened to catch Sam in the act of licking the door! Oops! Sorry family!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgia For This Useful Post:

monsterpup (06-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by georgia View Post
    sam licks my stainless steel refrigerator door. Drives me bonkers! I actually didn't know it was him making the big smudges on the door and was giving my family a hard time. I was calling them out asking who the slob was who kept putting big smudges on the door. Of course they were like we have no idea what you're talking about. A few days later i happened to catch sam in the act of licking the door! Oops! Sorry family!
    lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    Sophie is the master of stealing dish towels and socks. She loves tearing up newspaper and magazines. She is infatuated with bunny poo. When she's grazing for bunny poo, her hearing capabilities are gone! She has zoomies in our bedroom at night, usually set off by the cat, and there is no stopping her.
    Haha! I'm glad so far mine hasn't noticed bunny poo! Mine has discovered cicadas and she's constantly hunting for treasure in the grass.

Archie loves to chase flies and bees. Games on if I miss a poo pile. Can't leave a cardboard box within reach, no matter what size, he loves chewing them. Evenings brings on the in house zoomies, back and forth in front of Mardi which gets her barking. What a pair.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos