Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Online shopping.

Is anyone doing well with this for Christmas?? I ordered a ton of Black Friday and Cyber Monday stuff for the shelter and ourselves and it's a disaster! I'm getting stuff I didn't order, it's being delivered to the abandoned house next door and I had to put up signs and it's being delivered in ones and twos. Completely ridiculous. I didn't even take stuff down on Thursday as scheduled just because I didn't have enough from my orders to make the trip! These are coats for kids and Christmas gifts - where are they?

Probably have not ordered as much as you but so far all has arrived just fine.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

If it's from Amazon their processing/shipping/delivery is absolutely horrendous. I've been having trouble for a while. Sometimes they'll hold an order for over a week before they even process the payment to begin fulfilling it. This year I was going to do most of my shopping in stores, but my health had other plans....

I generally have no trouble with receiving orders, except once. Recently I wanted something delivered to the place we were for Thanksgiving, where I've had packages delivered multiple times before, and they said it couldn't be delivered to that address. I gathered the issue was with UPS, not specifically Amazon. Of course, the day after I was supposed to receive the delivery, there was UPS going through the neighborhood but no package arrived. Hello Amazon? Where's my stuff? I was told UPS had turned it over to the Post Office, which really does not deliver to that address. I had to cancel the order. At home, no problems. And I order frequently.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

The last time I put an order in for Grizzly Salmon Oil I ended up waiting for almost a month for it. It was one that was from an Amazon warehouse so it shouldn't have taken that long. That was the only thing on that order. I was charged immediately, but the order sat "in process" for 10 days. When it was finally packaged and shipped (which took another 4 days), the tracking stated it was delivered but the post office had no record of actually getting the package. It was lost in USPS land for a good 5 -6 days before I finally got the package. If this were an isolated incident I'd be irritated, but it wasn't. This has been happening more frequently. They will hold orders, not charge for a week, ship but not update tracking, put the incorrect shipping address on the package (and essentially send the package back) or just forget to send part of the order. It makes shopping on Amazon a lot harder for me than it used to be. And I think their selection has gone downhill and their prices up as well....

Ok, rant over

Amazon has been iffy for me lately too. And guaranteed Prime 2-day shipping... that's always late.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I wonder if it has something to do with being too far from a distribution center. I have been watching one of our packages travel to just about every state in the US. "Guaranteed" delivery was yesterday by 8 pm. Oh well. No more Black Friday online shopping for me. Don't know what I was thinking anyway.

I have not had any issues with Amazon or Target. Very timely. I ordered online over Thanksgiving. One of the things that amazes me is the separate packaging for the same order. I got a separate shoebox sized box with one Chapstick in it.

I ordered a few things on Cyber Monday that just arrived today (including some things for my Secret Santa package!) They weren't from Amazon, though. I've rarely had problems with them but I'm in a major area and even get things same-day sometimes.

I order all the time, and I'm seeing some stores lagging in actually getting the packages out - an H&M shipment took almost 2 weeks, same w/Nordstrom, the Gap was a little slow too, but everything is on time for the holidays. My Target and Amazon Prime packages are fast and on time. I haven't received a wrong item ever and I get deliveries almost every day, including Sundays.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos