Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue Buffalo Class Action Settlement

Update on BB lawsuit...
    Blue Buffalo’s announcement today of a $32 million consumer class action settlement – the largest pet food class action settlement ever – comes a full seven months after Blue admitted mislabeling products and 19 months after Purina sued Blue Buffalo for false advertising and misleading pet parents. Purina is pleased Blue Buffalo is beginning to accept responsibility for its false advertising and mislabeling. Purina’s separate false advertising case against Blue Buffalo continues.
    Posted Dec. 10, 2015

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

doubledip1 (12-12-2015), Labradorks (12-12-2015), Maxx&Emma (12-12-2015), Meeps83 (12-12-2015), milo (12-14-2015), POPTOP (12-12-2015), WhoopsaDaisy (12-14-2015)

I am really glad to see this!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

And....more attorneys getting rich.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not impressed with BB. But what will the consumers get? A coupon for a free bag of food?

Class action lawsuits sound good, but only benefit the attorneys.
    Hidden Content
    Abby
    ​Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hidden Content

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Cheryl Zuccaro

I don't feed their food, and I don't have a problem with feeding Purina. I am just glad they got called on their b.s. marketing. Consumers won't get much but hopefully they realize they were duped. If you want to feed a "good" food, there are a lot of smaller companies producing better quality kibble. I would go that route, not to BB.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

Maxx&Emma (12-13-2015)

Someone must to have been listening to Bett.

These companies need to take heed, pet owners are NOT going to let things like this slide.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    And....more attorneys getting rich. Don't get me wrong, I'm not impressed with BB. But what will the consumers get? A coupon for a free bag of food? Class action lawsuits sound good, but only benefit the attorneys.
    They always have the option of brining suit on their own but of course that costs money. The benefit of the class is that resources can be pooled.

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Someone must to have been listening to Bett.

These companies need to take heed, pet owners are NOT going to let things like this slide.
    Unfortunately I think that many pet owners are drawn in by the slick commercials and pretty bags and really don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    And....more attorneys getting rich.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not impressed with BB. But what will the consumers get? A coupon for a free bag of food?

Class action lawsuits sound good, but only benefit the attorneys.
    I agree with this, too. I saw an article about a man who was awarded 1 million dollars in a law suit. His take was around $250,000 and I'm sure taxes were about half that. The article said the rest went to attorney's fees.

However, I'll never feed Mocha Blue Buffalo so, in a way, this lawsuit did help Mocha and all the other dogs whose owners no longer trust their brand. I am sorry for the dogs and owners who lost big, though.

Can anyone fill me in on this?
    Hidden Content Hokule'a ("Hoku") / b. 06.08.15

(I had heard of Blue Buffalo, had decided against it, then heard of a controversy, but haven't been following.)
    Hidden Content Hokule'a ("Hoku") / b. 06.08.15

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos