Pukka's Promise - anyone read it?

Pukka's Promise: The Quest for Longer-Lived Dogs: Ted Kerasote: 9780544102538: Amazon.com: Books

I'll be ordering it, just wondering if anyone read it? What do you think?
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Berna For This Useful Post:

kelsyg (06-06-2014)

Senior Dog
    I had never head of this. Thanks so much for sharing. Looks like an interesting read.

KAZ

I started it but life happened, I got interrupted and never got back to it. I'll need to try again. Seems like it could have some really interesting info.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

House Broken
    I own it and love it. After Merle's Door (maybe the best dog book I've ever read), I had to have it. I think the pictures are as wonderful as the narrative. It is a quick read, can be finished in an afternoon.

House Broken
    Oh crap, sorry, ignore my last post. I was thinking of "Pukka." I did read "Pukka's Promise," and thought it was okay, but not nearly what "Merle's Door" was. After borrowing it from the library, I did not buy it.

I read Merle's door and loved it. Been wanting to read the next book so will have to get on it!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Big Brother and Sister to:
    Leila Claire Hidden Content

Yep, and I recommend as Bridget said start with Merle's Door. While Pukka's Promise is a good read and a lot of info, though much of the same info is talked about right here on the lab board, waiting to neuter, reputable breeders, raw vs kibble, it has a lot of other really good info and things for you to think about. To really get the whole story you need to read Merle's door as there is a very deep and very good story. There is another book which really is just a photography book "Pukka: The Pup After Merle" , I enjoyed it, you might as well, but pictures of him getting Pukka and the story of him getting a new puppy and picking him out and evaluating.

The order of the books are Merle's Door, Pukka: The Pup After Merle, Pukka's Promise.

My trainer recommended I read Pukka's Promise. I forgot about it until I read this thread. Thanks for the reminder

House Broken
    I have it, it really makes you think. Highly recommend! I got the Kindle book..... instant gratification!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos