Thread: No Q Weekend

No Q Weekend

So we weren't planning on competing this weekend, but there was a CPE trial 9 miles from home, it was raining and crappy weather out and Hemi only needed a couple Q's to be all level 4. So I decided to do a day of show entry for 3 runs.

Hemi and I do Agility every week so not like he is out of practice but he had terrible weekend.

First run was Jackpot, he only needed 23 points, 2 circles, 3 Jumps. We start, we hit the Circles and the 5 pointers right away. No sweat. Only needed 3 jumps then to the table. there was 6 jumps on the way to the table. Hemi got first jump, second jump, then don't know maybe I sensed victory and he gave up but he knocked every single bar down on the way to the table 4 bars down, we missed our Q by 1 jump.

Ok Standard, this was a great course. Fast course I had to book it to keep up. Knocked 2 bars, he is only allowed 1.

Ok last one is wild card. First wildcard He took the wrong obstacle. No problem I recovered perfectly and changed our course. He knocked only 1 bar which is allowed. People were congratulating us on a great run. I was confident in a good run it felt good. Then I looked at the score and we didn't Q. The bar he knocked was in the one wildcard I would have avoided had he taken the other route.

I could have slept in. While it was all in fun, I told Hemi we could have just stayed home and snuggled.

Hemi at the trial he won some of the place ribbons even if he didn't Q.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Maxx&Emma (12-16-2015), Scoutpout (12-16-2015)

Bummer! Well, sounds like you had a good time!

Does he typically hit many jumps like that in practice?

1 or none usually. The only time he takes massive amounts down is when he races me or pays attention to me. Like for example if I stutter step or change direction a half second before his jump, bar down. If I get ahead of him he is just trying to race me and catch up. I have seen him literally plow through a jump not even lifting his feet off the ground if I am ahead of him and running.

He has a really sharp focus on me but if he thinks I might be leaving him or if my movements are jerky, then he focuses on me while jumping. In video you see him turning his head and watching me while jumping.

So I am guessing his bar downs were my fault. I haven't seen the video of my runs yet.

It will happen Hemi! Think you are just too excited by the upcoming holiday and the traveling.

Love the awesome picture.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Jeff and Hemi, sometimes things just don't your way. Shake it off, have some fun, work hard, and come back stronger. You two are an amazing team, so don't sweat one bad weekend!

That is a pitiful face Hemi, you need a few smooches on your handsome face! It is all about the fun, right? As long as you both enjoyed yourselves that is what counts the most! I do have to agree though, a rainy day spent snuggled up is always a great day!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

sounds like quite the day! it'll make the next competition that much more rewarding I hear you on the days you could/should have just stayed home to cuddle haha

aww Hemi, don't sweat it, big thing is having fun spending time with each other!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Awww, Hemi's face looks like he's thinking, "Sorry Dad."

Better luck next time.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos