TRAD - ONE Step Closer"

Aye Mates,
    TEAM TRAD has been busy with the completion of pre-breeding health clearances to establish TRAD as a healthy sire to stand at stud. In early December, Dr. Ken Malm took samples for submission for genetic testing for both EIC and CNM and as was expected, TRAD tested negative for both. Additionally, TRAD underwent radiographical testing conducted by Dr. Malm to examine for hip and elbow dysplasia the radiograpic images then submitted to OFA for evaluation / certification. I received the results of the OFA evaluations on Monday and TRAD was rated a hips GOOD and elbows as NORMAL.

I have TRAD scheduled for examination by Dr. Sharri Greenberg a veterinary opthamologist for CERF testing on 1/28/16. Providing the examination conducted by Dr. Greenberg confirms TRAD as having no concerns of eye related pathology he will be standing at stud to a yellow female out of outstanding British field performance bloodlines some time in mid-March to early April of 2016. Concurrent examinations and health certifications are being conducted for the intended dam.

We are looking forward with great anticipation for this breeding to produce some really fine British field performance Labrador pups. We are one step closer to that becoming a reality. :-)

HR TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD JH - "TRAD". Outstanding intelligence, great temperment, highly agile K9 athleticism, and incredible field performance has us very optimistic that TRAD will sire some really grand pups.

Wishing all of ye here on Labrador Chat Board a Merry Christmas. Enjoy ye Labs and grand training to ye all!

Cheers,
    TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Congratulations! You know TRAD is a fantastic lab but waiting for results must test your patience.

TRAD a daddy? Where has the time gone? Going to be some fantastic pups.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Congratulations! You know TRAD is a fantastic lab but waiting for results must test your patience.

TRAD a daddy? Where has the time gone? Going to be some fantastic pups.
    Aye Fran,
    Thanks much Mate. Exciting times ahead on these prospect pups! Much tougher on the patience of those on the reservation queue than for meself, but I sure look forward to seeing the cute little buggers produced.

Merry Christmas,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Senior Dog
    I'm sure he will be a great "dad". Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas dawg View Post
    I'm sure he will be a great "dad". Lol
    Dallas Dawg,
    THANKS! Have a Merry Christmas.

Slainte,
    TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Yes one step closer. Are you planing on keeping one of his pups

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymolly View Post
    Yes one step closer. Are you planing on keeping one of his pups
    JollyMolly,
    I am not keeping a pup from this first breeding. I have a stipulated with the breeder that a a very close friend and gunning partner of mine receive first selection of any female pups in the litter. I may very likely end up being entrusted to train some of the pups. One of them will likely be living with a family just 10 minutes from me home so I will be in the loop on it's ongoing development regularly.

With the intended dam being located here in New England - (New Hampshire) I will get to visit and see the entire litter before they are off to their new homes. :-)

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (12-25-2015)

TRAD sounds like such a terrific dog and hunting companion. Best wishes for many generations of TRAD offspring.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    TRAD sounds like such a terrific dog and hunting companion. Best wishes for many generations of TRAD offspring.
    TRAD is indeed that and so much more. Thanks Smartrock!

TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos