Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Food Processor Recommendations

I got a bunch of Amazon Gift cards for Christmas, and I am finally going to get my food processor that I have been wanting for a long time! Any recommendations?? I have been looking at an 8 cup cuisinart
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

The 8 cup cuisinart is what we have, and it works amazing. we've even made rio some homemade treats with it. Its more than large enough to handle standard recipes.

I had a small cuisinart food processor that I bought at Costco that I loved. Unfortunately I accidentally washed it on the bottom rack and it warped the cup. Instead of replacing it we got the ninja blender that comes with the food processor in an effort to cut down on the number of small appliances we have. I really like it but it's big and I have to pull out a big clunky blender to use it. We actually got a small cuisinart hand blender that came with a small food processor attachment as a door prize at a BB&B registry completion event. It's come in handy and I find myself using it more often than the ninja one.

I have the baby Ninja chopper and love it but my mom has a Cuisinart 8-cup and likes it.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    I have an 8 cup Cuisnart disguising as a Sears Kenmore model and love it. The only difference is the Kenmore name slapped on it. It looks exactly like the Cuisnart I was going to buy, had the same specs and was on clearance.

Following as the one I have is over 35 years old and once the last cutting blade goes it's toast, as they are not replaceable. I will say though, I tested out the Kitchen Aid, ummm, 10 cup? When I was looking for something to use for Oban's raw food. It was such a pain to put together and then take apart to clean. This little piece had to go in first, and then that one and next another one. And it would not cut and shred at the same time. I returned it.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Not sure how big your gift card is, but this is what I use at work:

Amazon.com: Robot Coupe R 2 N Continuous Feed Combination Food Processor with 3 Quart Bowl - 120V: Industrial Scientific

This thing is a beast!!!!!!

I use a little 2 cup Kitchen Aid I use here at the house. Does a decent job, and I rarely have use for anything bigger. I've looked at the NINJA stuff, and I think it's good stuff. A lot just depends on what you are going to use it for. I use my blender way more than I'd use a food processor.

I have an 11 cup Cuisinart that I've had for a year, used occasionally, works just fine, washes up in the dishwasher. I like it but haven't given it a hard workout.

Cook's Illustrated recently reviewed what they call full size food processors. The winner was the Cuisinart Custom 14 Food Processor, followed by the Breville Sous Chef 12 cup and Black & Decker Performance Food processor. Their top rated small food processor was also a Cuisinart, The Cuisinart Elite Collection 4 cup chopper/grinder. I don't see any reviews by them for any more mid-sized machines.

My food processor is 30 years old. It is probably one of the most used kitchen appliances I own. I wish it was bigger- that's my only advice for you.

We have a Cuisinart and it is awesome. I think we have a KitchenAid one in the cupboard as well, but the Cuisinart does a great job. We don't use it often (since cleaning the blades and everything is a pain in the rear end - we use the Vitamix when we can), but it works great when we do.
    ~Alyssa
    Hidden Content
    In memory of Katie 3/20/94 - 2/19/07

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos