Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm fed up!

Puppy

I'm fed up!

On 12/13/15 my 11 year old lab was attacked unprovoked from behind from a pit mix that was not on a leash that resulted in emergency surgery. We fought tooth and nail to get a police report, animal control would not remove the dog because it was up to date on shots and the owners are not only non compliant but clueless to the liability this brings to them and the community we live in. We sent out flyers to all the residents and our HOA sent them a letter putting them on notice but the dog is still here being unsupervised. I've reached out to all surrounding communities but nothing can be done. In Florida a dog is property....not in my house. My dogs are family. I want to change things things. If anyone can suggest where to start I will have the initiative to see it through. BTW we are going through the civil process for the bill.

How is this dog not counted a serious threat? This is horrible!
    Hidden Content Hokule'a ("Hoku") / b. 06.08.15

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abulafia For This Useful Post:

Charliescherry71 (12-31-2015)

If there are leash laws and the dog was not on a leash?? I love animals, but I wouldn't have hesitated to kick the crap out of the attacking dog. I probably would have intervened to the point of me being bit, WHICH would have been an actionable case.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (12-31-2015), Annette47 (01-01-2016), Labradorks (01-01-2016), Maxx&Emma (01-04-2016), Tanya (12-31-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post
    I probably would have intervened to the point of me being bit, WHICH would have been an actionable case.
    Yes. I as well.

Puppy
    JenC it took another person the dog doesn't belong to, to pry the jaws off her. There were two labs being walked on a busy road. My husband was walking them by himself as we both do at times and he was literally beating the shit out of this dog and it wasn't flinching. We have witnesses it was an horrific attack.

Puppy
    It would not let go of her. It should have being pummeled but it was focused and wouldn't let go.

Senior Dog
    Neighbors dog (you can guess what kind ) jumped their fence to the front and attacked Dallas, who was tied up out front with me. I got them apart and got bit. Animal control cited them and the HOA did nothing.

3 months later, dog jumps the fence again, attacks Dallas, who was tied up out front with me. One bullet took care of that problem since no one else would.

Hated to do it, but you can't fix stupid people.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

Charliescherry71 (01-01-2016), Maxx&Emma (01-04-2016)

Yeah, sorry. I don't like those dogs. And I would raise hot holy hell if this happened to Hoku. If you have dogs who are dog reactive and uncontrollable, keep them in a well fenced yard.

It's happened here to a sweet old dog, Barney. His owner is a tiny lady and poor Barney was horribly mauled even with others running to help. It was a young girl walking the other dog and she could not control it. The owner of the dog was cited and fined, dog confined at the AC for 10 days. Have never seen it again so don't know what happened.

There is a huge problem with dog fighting in a local community and ownership of the breed has spilled over into our community. I'm always weary of what might happen. I hope there is some recourse you can take.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

14. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Charliescherry71 (01-01-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos