Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puzzled?

Puzzled?

Not any more. Finally finished it. It's fun to have a place to set it up and work on it throughout the day (days).

Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Barry P (01-10-2016), Blackboy98 (01-09-2016), Charlotte K. (01-10-2016), doubledip1 (01-08-2016)

Beautiful
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Fran you have way, way more patience than I do!!!! Nice job!!

There's another one to do but taking a break. DH says he has a board big enough for the next puzzle. The problem with doing this one was doing it on that dang tablecloth, made me go cross eyed.

After watching the grans all putting together Lego kits I decided to give it a try. I didn't want to do Star Wars stuff, cars or planes. Then I saw a program on the Lego company and they showed a kit that made birds; the first they've put out. Found it on Amazon. Amazon.com: LEGO Ideas 21301 Birds Model Kit: Toys & Games There is another kit but the darn thing is $300.00. Ah, no way.

OMG, in looking the bird kit up, found there is a Lego Big Band Theory kit. DH loves that show. Might just have to get that one and put it aside for a special time.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Nice work Fran. Your tablecloth would make me go crosseyed while doing a puzzle too.

Nice job! We'd always get a new puzzle to take on vacation with us at the beach for those rainy days that seem to crop up. My kids and I have put together many, many puzzles. If my parents were visiting the beach with us, my Mother was all over the puzzle, too. With dogs, we can't do them on the coffee tables any longer!

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    Nice job! We'd always get a new puzzle to take on vacation with us at the beach for those rainy days that seem to crop up. My kids and I have put together many, many puzzles. If my parents were visiting the beach with us, my Mother was all over the puzzle, too. With dogs, we can't do them on the coffee tables any longer!
    One year, to keep a large crowd coming for Christmas busy, Mom set up the card table in the corner of the living room with a puzzle. It was of two sailing vessels, almost the same color water and sky. It was a challenge. Over the course of the day, one or another would disappear into the corner for a go at it. By the end of the day, the two-in-puzzle was completed.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Fran, that is beautiful. My mother would put together puzzles and then I would glue the puzzle to a piece of cardboard and frame it if the picture was to her liking. Makes for unusual wall hanging.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

What a fun picture! We used to have one new one every year for the cottage, and occasionally would get a handed-down one for rainy days at home. The last one I did was years ago, I still have it (albeit taken apart again), a 3D puzzle of the Titanic. That was challenging.
    And your table-cloth, yikes, perhaps a trip to the Dollar store for an inexpensive plain tablecloth? I'd also worry about losing pieces on that cloth!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Wow, I had no idea Lego made those kinds of kits! Have gotten the nephew several Lego kits over the years, my DB and I had Lego, but not specific kits, just lots and lots of different blocks and our imaginations. Those birds look really cool!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos