House Broken

stain on spay suture

Dudu had the spay surgery more than one month ago and the incision has completely healed. However, since the stitches were removed, the incision area developed some brownish stain. She has not been licking the incision area for a long time. I wonder what caused the stain and how to remove it. Please see the picture.

-img_1479-jpg

Keep her from licking it. It kind of looks irritated and I'm guessing the stain is from her licking it. As for removing the stain, I think it will go away as the irritation subsides. It probably really itches from the hair growing back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeps83 For This Useful Post:

Maxx&Emma (01-16-2016)

Senior Dog
    I agree with Meeps...it looks like dry almost scabby skin. I'd leave it alone unless she's paying a lot of attention to it...something meant for dogs' itchy skin might be OK to put on it since it's healed. If in doubt, ask your vet to take a look at it. Some of that stain could easily be from blood in the serum that oozed as she healed.

Also agree with Meeps. If necessary, back in a cone to keep her from licking it. You could try a very thin coat of Neosporin Pain. It will help moisten the skin and the "pain" part of it may relieve a little of the itching. If in any doubt, call your vet.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos