Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something is growing on Katie's Eyelid

Hi All
    I started a thread about Katie's eyelid just before the server crash, but I think nobody saw it.
    It's a shame all of the previous posts are gone forever. There was a wealth of info in there.
    Below see a picture of a cyst that has started growing on Katie's right eye.
    The growth is definitely on the eyelid...not the eyeball
    Has anyone seen this and should I get it removed.
    I am nervous with any surgery near her eye and who knows how much the vet will charge. They are very expensive lately.

-katieseye-jpg

My mom's dog just had a growth like that surgically removed about a month ago. The lump had grown to the point where it was causing the little guy (Shih Tzu) discomfort in that his eye was tearing excessively and producing a lot of wetness and debris. Since having it done, Mikey (the little guy) is so much more comfortable and the excessive discharge has stopped. If your dog is not having any discomfort, I'd wait and see how it goes. But, if like Mikey's growth, it gets to the point where it is causing the dog discomfort, then it should be removed. Mikey's eye surgery cost about $500 CDN if I remember correctly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DuryLane For This Useful Post:

SteveAndKatie (06-08-2014)

OK...Thanks so much for the quick reply.
    I have been watching it and so far it has not gotten bigger in the last 2 weeks. But I hate looking at it.

Do you know how to "Edit Signature" in the forum.
    I had a picture of Katie at the beach with a Frisbee in her mouth before the server crash that I would like to put back, but can't find this section in my "Edit Profile" screen.

House Broken
    Sadie had a similar one close to her eye that was draining and causing her to tear up. Since she had a little tumor on her elbow that needed to be taken off and biopsied, the vet did them both at the same time. For both surgeries, a couple of skin tags removed and her teeth cleaned and xrayed (she had a chipped tooth) it was around $1200. It's a tough decision. I would at least take her to the vet and ask them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CatNSadie For This Useful Post:

You need 5 posts, I believe, before you can add a signature. It will be in the My Settings, under My Profile when it becomes available to you. Or you can ask Woody and he can help you.
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kelsyg For This Useful Post:

OK Thanks again

And Thanks again to up my posts....LOL

More of me upping my posts count
    Here is a nice picture of Katie in her domain...LOL
    Outer Banks of North Carolina.

-katieinwater800x600-jpg

It's hard to know what it is from a picture, but it could be a little cyst in the gland at the base of an eyelash (meibomian gland) or something similar to a stye in humans. To know for sure you'd need to at least have your vet take a look at it and tell you what he or she thinks would be the correct treatment. Hopefully it's not something that would require surgery if it's not bothering her but none of us are vets (to my knowledge). I have not had it with any of my dogs.

We love to hang in the Outer Banks also, can't wait to get my pups down there this summer!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Hannah has a little bump on her lower lid. The vet is not at all worried about it and isn't going to remove it. It's not like a wart, but a little bump.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos