Shuffled Off to Buffalo Last Saturday - Capitals vs Sabres

Last Saturday my other half and I shuffled off to Buffalo with my friend and his wife and two boys both under 12 and another friend and his son who is 10. We went to see my Washington Capitals play the Sabres. It didn't turn out too good for me. The Sabres won 4-1 and my friend and his two boys are hardcore Sabres fans.

We had really good seats which were a fraction of the price you would pay in Toronto even with the exchange. The beer and food at the arena was reasonably priced. $10 for an extra large king can of beer. In Toronto they soak you for close to $20 for a glass of draught beer. The kids enjoyed the game and making fun of me in my Ovechkin jersey. We didn't take many photos but here are a few.

Mobile roaming is expensive so thank god you can download google maps now for offline use as the wife and I got lost once we were over the border. If you are travelling without internet this is really handy. We were almost divorced several times within an hour.

The Embassy Suites in Buffalo is top notch. Free breakfast and all you can drink happy hour with snacks in the evening for free. The rooms are two rooms with two tvs. Fridge and a room safe. Really nice and clean.

There is a free trolley that goes down the main street and takes you right to the game. This was fun and the kids really liked it. Came in handy as it was cold Saturday night.

I had not been to Buffalo in a long time. It's pretty rough looking these days but you can see they are taking some of the old buildings and fixing them up or turning them into condos. It looks like they are moving in the right direction.

The check out girl at the Tops Market seemed kind of surprised we didn't have a "card" when we were buying supplies and beer. After seeing the cards in peoples hands I believe they are food cards or food stamp cards so it was kind of an eye opener that there are still lots of hard times out there for many. The people were friendly and we hope to go back to another game in the future.

Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

Mr Kleb (01-20-2016)

The card at TOPS is just a store loyalty card. I have one for when I visit my grandma in syracuse. Glad you had fun!
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Sounds like you two had another fun trip.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Those are good seats. Looks like the house was pretty full.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos