Sigh, another No Q weekend

Hemi is not off to good start this year for my goal to get all level 4 in all CPE. Perhaps we should do a couple days rather than just one day a weekend.

So this weekend, the Judge is also Hemi's nosework instructor and being a friendly lab you can probably guess where this went. Last time you may remember he had issues with knocking bars. We have been working on that doing set point drills and so on. First one was Full House, you have to get 3 jumps, 2 circles, one joker and 23 points total in 30 seconds. One of the paths I found was starting 2 jumps right off the start, I have a really good leadout with Hemi so easy, right, Jump, Jump Dogwalk, 7 quick points and 2 of his jumps. I get Him all set and I am led out standing by the dogwalk, and release him. Jump 1, and run off to see the judge. I call him right back, and he is so excited he goes up the dogwalk wrong and falls off. Ok, I know now we aren't going to get this, we burned too much time. So I make sure he gets back on the dogwalk, and we start running. I he does awesome, he is racking up 5 pointers, not a single bar down I send him through his last tunnel, he stops for some reason and looks at me like really in there? He loves tunnels, no idea what his issue is. Buzzer goes off. 1 circle short of a Q. Oh well.

Second run standard, Hemi and I take off, we run a great course, about the 7th obstacle he knocks a bar. He is allowed one. We are moving, right up to the last 3 bars which is a tight spiral. the second to the last jump I hear a little click from a toenail. Inside i am silently cursing too because I was going to cut his nails the day before, the bar is bouncing, he clears the next and final jump just as the prior bar falls. 2 bars down, NQ.

3rd, Wild card, which last time, Hemi went off course but I adjusted and he only knocked one bar but that bar was the wildcard bar, which is not allowed. Hemi is awesome with weaves, and there was 2 sets of 6 on this course, the other path had jumps, which the last obstacle was 2 jumps or tunnel. I chose the path with least jumps. We ran it, and hit the first weaves and, hmm there is something to smell here dad. What!!!! No Hemi, come on, finally get his head back on. We take off, he knocks a bar, no biggy last bar and he is allowed one, we hit the next weaves and hmm dad, there might be something to smell, here. Oh maybe that bar setter needs to pet me. I get him back on track and in we go we are now flying, we are going to make it, all he has to do is go down that last tunnel. We get to the tunnel, in he goes, I am celebrating and he turned around and came back out, the buzzer went off, out of time.

So close, yet so far.
    Last edited by Jeff; 01-25-2016 at 09:35 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

kelsyg (01-25-2016), Maxx&Emma (01-26-2016)

aww - wow they don't make it easy! better luck next time! Such a pain to be soooo close though i can't imagine. Though I am pretty sure i'll be in your shoes if we ever start competing haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

Jeff (01-25-2016)

Dang! Oh well, next time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

Jeff (01-25-2016)

Keep trying Hemi, you can do it!!!!
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackboy98 For This Useful Post:

Jeff (01-25-2016)

Aw gee. A bit of a break then try again?
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Jeff (01-25-2016)

Aww Crap!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Jeff (01-25-2016)

oh Hemi.... yes to the "Hey, I KNOW that Judge (stewart, timer, etc....)" and off they want to go...
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Thank you Hemi, (and Jeff, of course!), for making me laugh! I am sorry you were not successful but Hemi has the fun part down perfectly, that should count for more than anything, lol!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos