Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question No Superbowl Talk?

I am not really a fan of either team but I guess I would like to see Manning win one but I think that might be a tall order. I am not planning to do much today. Watch my Washington Capitals at noon and then I think it will be just the family having some pub type food to watch the game.

What is everyone else up to?
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

I'm sure DH will be watching between working on the basement. I'll probably have it on but plan to paint the small upstairs bathroom and I can't squeeze a TV in there. I'm more interested in the commercials not being a rabid football fan though do enjoy the playoffs. Probably switch to the puppy bowl from time to time. Now if the Redskins were playing . . . . . AH, to dream.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

It might be quiet because we don't have many board members from each team's state? Jen C? Kimbersmom is close to NC.

Alas we are Giants fans but we do have interest in the ads as our next door neighbor is the creative director that originated the Snicker ads and our step son does the Dick's sporting goods ones, remember the Christmas one with the chocolate lab and the baseball glove or the Dell battery one with the Teddy bear for the girl who's dad is in Iraq......anyway less than 14 days until pitchers and catchers report 😉

Puppy
    I am not a big fan of either team but I would like to see Manning win today, especially if it is his last game. Other than watching the game later today just been catching up on the usual house work.

I just want to watch Lady Gaga sing the national anthem and eat junk food. I don't care about the game but do enjoy the snacks and commercials. My DH and DS are Broncos fans.
    We used to have big Super Bowl parties but that ship has sailed.

. . . keep 'em moderated Calley's Family's Avatar
    Go Broncos!
    We are having a few folks over. Got a new Samsung 55 inch TV to watch the game. We are having (all homemade) buffalo chili, hot wings. pasta salad, raw veggies, a dish made of meatballs-pepperoni-sauce-cheese and homemade bread pudding. We have Beer and wine and of course Orange Crush soda pop.
    WE ... ARE ... CALLEY'S FAMILY!
    John & Jeannie, humans to:
    Hidden Content
    Tava - b 4/12/2015 gotcha 7/11/2015
    Haleigh - b 3/2/2015 gotcha 2/4/2017

Forever in our hearts:
    Michaela Calley Eileen, CGC - b 12/14/2002 d 1/28/2018
    Midnight Valentino, VGB - b 8/18/2003 d 5/4/2015

No Bad Days * Positive is How We Live * Practice Aloha

I haven't followed much this year since the Seahawks dropped out, and I'm not interested in advertising, so I doubt we'll see this. We don't have a TV, so it would have to be a concerted effort.
    Hidden Content Hokule'a ("Hoku") / b. 06.08.15

Quote Originally Posted by Calley's Family View Post
    Go Broncos!
    We are having a few folks over. Got a new Samsung 55 inch TV to watch the game. We are having (all homemade) buffalo chili, hot wings. pasta salad, raw veggies, a dish made of meatballs-pepperoni-sauce-cheese and homemade bread pudding. We have Beer and wine and of course Orange Crush soda pop.
    Bread pudding you say? On my way. The only place I have it is at the mandarin buffet. A little vanilla and strawberry sauce.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

I will be rooting for the Broncos, mainly because I'm rooting for Peyton Manning. I probably cannot name one other team member aside from the QB on either team. I suspect Cam Newton will outdo Manning but his level of cocky self-assuredness is both amusing and slightly repellant to me. So, Go Broncos!!!

Orange Crush soda- that's clever!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Being from Baltimore, I had to hate Payton Manning and everything regarding the Indianapolis Colts. Now that he's playing for Denver I'm rooting for them to win. I think Manning is a class act. We go to a big party with friends every year, I'm making Green Chili Stew and Baily's Irish Creme cheesecake cupcakes. I just hope it's a good game.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos