Minnesota Rental Cabins that allow dogs

Greetings all,

Not sure how many Minnesotans we have on this board (besides BACON!), but I am looking for recommendations. I am looking for a rental cabin, on a lake, that allows dogs...in Minnesota. My parents still live up there and we are looking to plan a summer vacation, and I want to bring our Murphy with!

I checked out the website bringfido.com and found a few places, just looking for some personal recommendations.

Thanks for your help!

Tracy...and Murphy!!!

I haven't been to a Minnesota cabin with Thor, but we stay in a lot of cabins and cottages when we travel. I always use VRBO.com. You can filter by pet friendly locations and all kinds of other features.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyThor For This Useful Post:

Murphy030813 (02-09-2016)

I can help with this! We recently went up to Lake Vermillion, and Vermillion River Cottages is very dog friendly! There are also lots of places on VRBO and Homeaway that are dog friendly. I will be using a place from AirBNB this summer, we are heading up to Duluth for my SIL wedding with Bacon Up near Duluth, Two Harbors, etc there are lots of dog friendly places there. If you have a specific location in mind, I can be of service, we have been EVERYWHERE with Bacon

ETA: Here is the info for Vermillion River Cottages. I cannot recommend them enough, they were amazing with us having Bacon, really nice cabins and affordable prices. https://www.facebook.com/Vermilion-R...53498/?fref=ts https://www.vrcovacation.com/

ETA (again): We will be in Missouri soon Snow Goose hunting, small world
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

Murphy030813 (02-11-2016)

I would also say that start with vrbo and airbnb with the filters on pet friendly, but don't be afraid to look at non pet friendly properties and message the owner to ask them. For me, about 75% of the time usually the owner is fine with bringing a dog, occasionally for an extra cleaning fee. I think a lot of people just put that filter up to protect themselves as property owners, but won't necessarily stick to their guns.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zd262 For This Useful Post:

Murphy030813 (02-11-2016)

Thanks for asking this question! I will follow. My husband decided he is done with camping so if we go up north in MN we have to find a cabin ... or a hotel. We have snuck 3 dogs into a hotel before (just once actually) ... the dogs are really good except for vocal playing and dinner time excitement. I travel a few times a year for agility trials - and most of the time I leave my husband at home with 1 or 2 of the dogs, but a lot of the hotels do accept dogs.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos