Meeting other Lab people

Well...

Last night we had the Nevada Caucuses. My candidate did not win. However, there are very important reasons for attending the caucuses than just the presidential preference polls. I won't bore you with all the details, but it's a process by which people can become active in their party and the state and local politics. Which is just good citizenship.

Anyhow, if you've never been to a caucus, you know a lot of it is sitting around and talking to your neighbors. Turned out to be a hoot. Well, one of the folks up the hill found out that I'm the person who has the dog boxes on my truck and a bumper sticker that reads "Labrador Retrievers... Giving you the bird since 1931." So naturally, during the off time we talked labs. He showed me a picture of the lab he hunted over for many years, who only recently was put down. Of course I admired it thinking he was just a locally back yard bred dog, and then the guy said "yea, and he was line bred on some dog... Snake something." And I said... "Snake Eyes Double or Nothin' ?" (FC/AFC... 1995 Retriever Hall of Fame.) Wow, no wonder he had a great dog.

So, now I'm going to walk up the hill and introduce him to Rocket Dog, but also loan him my Bill Hillmann DVD "Training your Retriever Puppy". Who knows, we may have another guy in our training group some day?

It amazes me how many I meet have or know someone with a lab. I'm always talking dogs with whoever will listen. Do try to change the subject when their eyes glaze over though, LOL.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Right now it is my escape mechanism and defense against dealing with or thinking about politics which is thoroughly depressing.

Senior Dog
    Really, really sorry your candidate didn't win. Hope things change as it gets down to the real choices. I sometimes think I would have nothing to talk about if it were not for the dogs. My, Evander, was a Snake Eyes grandson. I really love talking pedigrees . Friends that have been in the game a lot longer than I have some great tales to tell. Listening to them I always wanted a dog from the Super Tanker line, which I got with Chant. She also has High Tech and Lean Mac back in the pedigree. Hard to find something out there without Lean Mac. M is a combination of British field trial lines (not Bench) and American (Canadian) FC"S and AFC's. Looking a picture of her sire I know where her ear set comes from. It was that quirky ear set that first attracted her to me as a puppy.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos