Puppy

Rosie doesnt sleep through the night

Rosie is my 11.5 yo chocolate.
    A few years ago she did have TPLO, then was fine. For the past two years, she really hasn't slept through the night, she wakes up and wants to go outside.. She pees, then comes back in. Other than waking up, panting, and wanting to go outside in middle of the night, she's great. Sure, she's slower than she used to be and has ear infections from time to time, but hey, she's a lab. Oh ya, some skin issues, too. she doesnt always have to pee, though.

Is it normal for this middle of the night waking up stuff?

Puppy
    here's a pic:
    Attachment 4262

It is totally normal.

Best Friend Retriever LucyTudeOn4Feet's Avatar
    I'm going to guess you're young, and haven't had to deal with senior parents yet. Your dog is geriatric. Yes, it is absolutely normal for her to need to go out in the middle of the night. You may even find that at some point in the future she'll need to go out twice in the night, depending on how you classify "night". Our girl needed to go out every 3-4 hours some nights, others she could get by with only 1 or 2 trips. And if it were fewer, the morning trip came very early! Welcome to senior care.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucyTudeOn4Feet For This Useful Post:

Labradorks (03-02-2016), MontananDakota (03-03-2016)

Puppy
    Thanks... We're getting her a sister in a couple of weeks. A Yellow.. Will post pics when I get her. Maybe it will liven her up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyTudeOn4Feet View Post
    I'm going to guess you're young, and haven't had to deal with senior parents yet. Your dog is geriatric. Yes, it is absolutely normal for her to need to go out in the middle of the night. You may even find that at some point in the future she'll need to go out twice in the night, depending on how you classify "night". Our girl needed to go out every 3-4 hours some nights, others she could get by with only 1 or 2 trips. And if it were fewer, the morning trip came very early! Welcome to senior care.
    Exactly the case with us. I miss those trips immensely now.
    (BTW LucyTudeOn4Feet-I am not sure if I told you in another thread or not-I am deeply sorry for your own loss)
    --Sorry to hijack the thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MontananDakota For This Useful Post:

LucyTudeOn4Feet (03-03-2016)

Happens to us humans as we get older too. I know I get tired of waking up in the middle of the night to go as well.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos