Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leashes

Leashes

I have two big boys that I walk together. They are pretty good on leash, but can be strong, so I want something that is comfortable on my hands. I prefer a leather leash that is in the five-foot range. What do you use? And where did you get it?

I bought this leash from amazon: It's super comfortable to hold and even has an extra place to attache poop bags. love it:

Ruffwear Knot-a-Leash, Large, Twilight Gray: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies
    Laura, Archie & Quinn
    Hidden Content

For leather leads, I have several from Bold Lead Designs in Colorado. They will make custom leads if you want. The bridle leather they use is great. I love their convertible leashes for hiking (can be used normally, hands-free, and several other configurations). I have leashes for every situation from casual to shows. My favorite everyday leashes are English bridle leather. For the beach/lake I like TufFlex and Durasoft leads, grab tabs, and collars from Gun Dog Supply. My grab and go kennel leads are Alvalley English slips with a stopper. The material is a little nicer than the similar Mendota slip leads.

Yep, leather !

Puppy
    I second the suggestion for Bold Lead Designs. I have several. Love them! I really find the skinnier width is most comfortable in my hands (3/8"). It says it's for smaller dogs, but I walk my crew with them no problem. And the bridle leather is super soft. I have the traditional lead and the super lead.

I like the EzyDog ones because they have a bit of elastic in them so a bit of give if he yanks on the lead (doesn't happen often but it's nice to not jerk as much when he does!). I use the Zero Shock ones.

DOG LEASHES - ZERO SHOCK - EzyDog Australia (Not sure if this link will work as Aus Link)

I bought mine from a dog show. Have no idea what the brand is unfortunately. It's so soft though. Try going to an upcoming show! Lots of great stuff available.
    Charlie and Burton

I bought my leather leash from SmartPak. It's a really, really beautiful leash and not too expensive either!
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I get my leather leads from J & J Dog supplies. I often tie two leashes together with a carabiner and then just hold one handle.

I use e-mail steps. It has some give to it so even if he pulls he doesn't pull me down. Here's the web site. They also carry a. Coupling leash for 2 dogs. It's made a big difference for us.
    Dog Walking Supplies - Pet Safety

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos