Ok, Two Adorable Hoku Moments

(Only because the non-Lab people in my life wouldn't appreciate hearing even more)—

1. Two mornings ago, Hoku was up in the bed with me, and chewing on my husband's knee pillow. It's a pillow he uses for between his knees (Duh), but it's something I bought for him nearly 18 years ago, and it's shaped like a flat sheep. No laughter, please. If a man can't have a knee pillow shaped like a sheep, then this world has no hope. Anyway...

Hoku was up on the bed with me, cuddling and romping. And then chewing on the knee pillow (I had not noticed this). My husband came in to bring me coffee, and saw us, and said "Hoku! What's in your mouth?" She looked up, spat the pillow out, and then fell over on her back (on the bed pillow pillow) and, tail wagging and whole bac end wiggling, put her forearms up on his face and smiled her big old goofy smile. It wasn't scared-submissive. It was "Oh Ho! I'm kinda sorry! But hey love me!"

2. Today my husband was cleaning up the yard. Hoku was out with him, romping. As he was set to come in, he needed to check his shoes for mud / poop. Yep, they needed a hosing off. So he went over to the hose to clean them off. Hoku watched him, and then walked over to her big water trough, looked at him, and carefully put in one front foot, took it out. And then the other. Took it out. Very slowly. Obviously she put her wet feet back on the somewhat muddy grass, but it was as if to say "Ok, we're wetting feet now?" It was the most hilarious, adorable thing.
    Hidden Content Hokule'a ("Hoku") / b. 06.08.15

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abulafia For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (03-06-2016), Dallas dawg (03-06-2016), kelsyg (03-08-2016), Scoutpout (03-06-2016)

Ok, #3. I will type it for those who haven't caught up yet - Good Girl Hoku.

Wetting her feet is precious but you know, that's a new doggy training style some are using, Do As I Do.

DO AS I DO: A NEW TRAINING METHOD BASED ON SOCIAL LEARNING DVD - Advanced and Professional Training - Dogwise.com
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (03-07-2016)

Too cute good girl Hoku

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (03-07-2016)

Precious, laughable moments that somehow make us overlook the mischief they can get in to.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

She is a real character!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (03-07-2016)

I love Hoku's personality. She seems like she knows how to live life in a fun way no matter what the occasion. True Lab!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

Abulafia (03-08-2016)

Such a sweet, silly girl!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos