Thread: Been MIA

Been MIA

Seems like forever since I posted. I still have Pablo who's name I've now changed to Monster. I found out that he's hydrocephilius(sp). He may be staying with me permently. Long story short I got into it with the rescue person she doesn't understand his condition and I refuse to hand him over so she can neuter him at 12 weeks.

I've been working with a friend of mine who works at an emergency hospital she also has a dog who has what he has and has me doing exercises with him daily to help him. He still isn't quite steady on his feet but he's def getting stronger. He's 7 weeks old now and weights 1lb 5oz. His development level is that of a 5 week old puppy but he is starting to play.

I lost his litter mates so its just him.

Next week I go to Florida so my husband is taking care of the fur kids for a week. I hate leaving them but I'm trying to go more places and not worry about them as much. I know easier said than done.

Im sorry to hear about the rest of the litter. Thank you for taking care of this baby.

Have a safe trip

Thank you so much for working hard to help Monster.

Feel your concern but your hubby knows what is going on and can help him along.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Is this one of the little chihuahua puppies you had or did I dream that they were chihuahuas? One article I found indicated hydrocephalus is not too uncommon in chis. Here's one article that talks about it, maybe some ideas you hadn't thought of yet. Did his litter mates have it also?

Drug Treatment Offers Promise for Chihuahuas Affected by Hydrocephalus - Purina Pro Club
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Yep its the Chihuahua. The other two passed early on the one was a bout a week and the other was two weeks. The vet assumes they had it two which is why they didn't make it. thanks for the info.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos