Short Toronto Trip

We did a short trip to Toronto last weekend. The purpose was to watch a Toronto Rock NLL Lacrosse game with two other couples. My wife and I went up early and did a couple tourist things. My take away is Toronto has become ridiculously expensive. Like everything else I guess.

We first went to do the Steam Whistle Brewery Tour but they were sold out when we got there. They gave us free passes and a free sample for our worries and a tip. The girl told us that we would have been better off during the week when the line was running as it was more fun.

From there we went to the Ripley's Aquarium. It's relatively new. I kind of expected it to be bigger but it was still fun. Lots of sharks and stingrays and it wasn't too busy which was a bonus.

From there we went to the CN Tower. I had never been before. It was $30 a person to ride to the top which I thought was a little too much. There is a little restaurant there and we had a couple of beers waiting for the others to show up. It was $35 for three bottles of beer. It was neat to watch the small planes come in to the island airport and get a view of the city. Lots more green spaces then I thought.

From there we grabbed dinner and then off to the ACC to see the Rock and Calgary Roughnecks game. It was fun. About 8,000 people. They played music during the entire game and provided a half time show. The tickets were $30 a seat. The same for a Maple Leaf game are probably in the $150 range. That's why we go to Lacrosse games.

Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

Love aquariums so the trip would have been worth it for me going there. Does sound very expensive though.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Definitely steep but it looks like you had fun.

Looks like you had a great time

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos