Camera recomendation

I have a Nikon D5000 and while traveling I managed to break the LCD. I see no need to invest money in my old camera s a repair would be over $200. I am thinking of buying a new one. Anyone have suggestions. I have been looking at Canon EOS Rebel T5. does anyone own this camera?

i am not one to be brand specific but note that if you have lenses (or at least one) for the nikon there is an advantage to just buying another nikon body and keep your lense. (or i guess sell the lense(s) and switch to nikon).

I have the D7000 I think it is. i'm still figuring it out, i suspect ib ought more camera than I know what to do with and having more trouble with it.

I shoot Canon gear and have had great luck with it. That said, Tanya is right, if you already have Nikon lenses then your best bet is to replace the body with a new Nikon one. When I was shopping for mine, the difference in focusing speed between the Canon and the Nikon was significant. The Canon was much faster. Shooting sporting events and nature, that was important to me. The second concern was cost of the lenses, the Canon L series professional lenses were a little less expensive than the high end Nikon. Things may have changed. It's been 6 years or so since I bought my EOS 1D.

My niece has the Canon T5 and has enjoyed it very much so far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JackK For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (03-18-2016)

I have an older model which works well enough for what it is. If I could, I would buy a better Canon body (not a Rebel model)
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

I've got a Canon T3 that I bought two years ago as a package deal, body, 2 lenses, bag, for about $500. It does a decent job, pretty much all of the pics I've posted here in the last two year were shoot with it. All that being said, I'm lusting for a Canon D70 and some better lenses. Maybe after I heal and go back to work!!!

I agree with the other though, if you've got some Nikon lenses, I'd try to find a body, maybe eBay or craigslist and go from there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (03-19-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos