Dateline: Dover, Delaware

4:30 EDT. In a follow up to yesterdays story of Sophie the Black Labrador and the rare occurrence of her pooing in her own back yard, we are happy to report her preference of not soiling her own yard is pretty much back to normal. Her Biped stated that she indeed did NOT make a movement on their normal evening walk through the neighborhood yesterday, however she did pee twice, and she sniffed vigorously in the areas where she normally chooses to poo. The Biped felt she was just going through the motions out of habit, but let her sniff away just in case. Sophie was closely monitored on her last outing in the yard on Friday evening, just in case of the highly unlikely event she would poo a second time in the yard. Nothing but a quick pee, back into the house then on to her bed for a night of sweet dreams, undoubtedly chasing bunnies and feasting on filet mignon. The Biped reported movements were back to normal this morning when Sophie chose her normal spot, far away from her yard, to have her morning poo.

We will continue to monitor this story, and will keep you up to date on any further developments.

In other news.............................................. .......................

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

doubledip1 (03-20-2016), Meeps83 (03-19-2016)

Senior Dog
    Yaaaaayyyyy, Sophie....I knew you weren't going to let us (the non-yard poopers) down. Tease the humans once in a while but always return to your instincts.

Your yard-poop-phobic "sister",

Sunnie

Senior Dog
    I don't know why you females won't just do it where the humans want you to do it.

"Do your business, Dan."

(squat)

(back in the house)

No muss, no fuss....well, the humans pick up the muss, but you get the point.

Danny

Sophie, this is just the start. Nothing's more fun than seeing your biped out in public picking up your poo while on the other end of the leash you act as if he did it himself. Then, later in the day, repeat the process in your own back yard and watch your human run out trying to keep his yard spotless. Preferably, do this last thing in the evening when your human is ready for bed, in his jammies, while it's raining. You'll hear a new language.

Archie
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Whew, I think the Poop Bag Manufacturer CEOs were about to issue warnings on their earnings forecast. They must be relieved to hear it's business as usual.
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyThor For This Useful Post:

barry581 (03-19-2016)

back to normal, Sophie... just got to switch it up every once in a while to keep everyone on their toes
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Quote Originally Posted by SunDance View Post
    I don't know why you females won't just do it where the humans want you to do it.

"Do your business, Dan."

(squat)

(back in the house)

No muss, no fuss....well, the humans pick up the muss, but you get the point.

Danny
    This was Bruce. He would poo and wee on command. In the event he would go in the yard, and I'd miss it, which I wouldn't know because he didn't poo when we all went on our walk so Sophie could poo. We'd get back to the house and proceed to the back yard. "Bruce did you poo?" He'd RUN right to the spot and show me the pile. God I loved that dog.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (03-20-2016), SunDance (03-20-2016)

Lol, Miss Sophie likes to keep you guessing!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Sophie might be testing the grass

Barry,
    Thanks for the "scoop", you are obviously an Ace reporter and you really know your $hit when it comes to journalism. LOL.

TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (03-20-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos