Can anyone do this?

My grandson Jared is an amazing boy. He surprises me all the time with the things he can do. His autism creates different phases in his life and for the past 8 or 9 months he cannot separate his feet, so he hops everywhere. He has always been a very active boy though and there is a lot of things that he always loved to do, but cannot do now with his feet pressed tightly together. The other day, he discovered a new way to amuse himself though. He decided to balance on top of a basketball. I don't know how he can do it, but I'm even more amazed at the fact that he has to hop on to the basketball! The things he can do and the things he thinks up to do is just unbelievable to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy and Miia For This Useful Post:

Grumpy (06-11-2014)

Wow! I used to stand on a ball and balance like that as a teen but I sure didn't jump onto it to pull it off! Had to hold a wall until I got steady.
    Shiloh 12/24/12
    Hidden Content

That's amazing. Often when we hear autism we think of think of things that can't be done instead of what can be done. Gosh, he's grown tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Wow! I used to stand on a ball and balance like that as a teen but I sure didn't jump onto it to pull it off! Had to hold a wall until I got steady.
    Yes, I have to look up to him now he's so tall.......and he thinks it's the funniest thing that he has to lean down to kiss me.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos