Update On Trad's Mom

Aye All,
    I brought TRAD'S Mom Lisa to the orthopedic MD yesterday. After taking her cast off, examining her leg / foot, and doing an x-ray, it was determined she could move into a boot and shed the cast. She still is to keep any weight bearing load off of the limb so the crutches are still in the picture. Moving into the boot was definitely a psychological booster for her, another step forward in the total healing process gained. Lisa will go back for another evaluation in 3 weeks.

Thanks to ye all for the tremendous ongoing support we have received.

Slainte,
    TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (03-31-2016), Meeps83 (03-29-2016), Scoutpout (03-31-2016), Snowshoe (03-29-2016), TuMicks (03-31-2016)

"...another step forward" I know you didn't mean that as a pun, but that phrase hit me like one.

I'm glad to hear she's making good progress. Did they give her, or would they let her use one of those scooter-type things that support your lower leg but otherwise you manually push around like a kid's scooter? Someone I substituted for while she had foot surgery was able to come back to work with a boot and one of those scooters- maybe she had progressed to some light walking in the boot by that time. She made that thing fly down the halls when the kids weren't changing classes. Something like this, but I think she rented it and maybe insurance helped with the rental fee, not sure:

Amazon.com: Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Turning Leg Walker Crutches Alternative in Green: Health Personal Care
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (03-29-2016)

Great to see she is making progress.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

Great to hear the progress continues. As Sue (Smartrock) showed, the scooter idea may be a good one. My friend who shattered her ankle was thrilled with the mobility the scooter provided and gave her a break from the crutches. Cassie sends a "woof" to Lisa and TRAD too!

Jack

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JackK For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear Lisa's healing is progressing well. It's been a long recovery for her and will continue to be for a while longer.

I know someone who had personal experience with the scooter and it was not good. His situation differed in many ways to Lisa's; he was overweight, had a nonhealing foot fracture problem. He used the scooter for quite a while and ended up with back problems which is related to extensive scooter use. Unfortunately, it now looks like he will have to have back surgery for a disc problem. I'm sure a shorter term use and without all the extra problems he had, it would be a good idea.

Sending more healing prayers.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the update Mike! Glad to hear she's making progress!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    "...another step forward" I know you didn't mean that as a pun, but that phrase hit me like one.

I'm glad to hear she's making good progress. Did they give her, or would they let her use one of those scooter-type things that support your lower leg but otherwise you manually push around like a kid's scooter? Someone I substituted for while she had foot surgery was able to come back to work with a boot and one of those scooters- maybe she had progressed to
    some light walking in the boot by that time. She made that thing fly down the halls when the kids weren't changing classes. Something like this, but I think she rented it and maybe insurance helped with the rental fee, not sure:

Amazon.com: Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Turning Leg Walker Crutches Alternative in Green: Health Personal Care
    Her Doc said "no dice" on the scooter. She would no doubt be a speeder on it. She has been back to work since 3/14/16.
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

aw, her Doc taking away the fun! (kidding)
    glad to hear she's making some progress.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is making forward progress.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (03-31-2016)

Excellent news!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos