Rocket Dog's Lament

There should be a law. It's unfair of the owner to put me in the pick-up truck, drive me all the way out to the field, make me wait and wait and wait, sitting in my crate for HOURS while guns go off and other dogs get to retrieve ducks... it is simply unJUST to bring me to the line let me watch ducks get hurled into the air with accompanying gunfire... and then PUT ME BACK IN MY BOX! It is CRUEL. There must be some international treaty or federal law or world court ruling or something to punish the owner for doing this to me. Just because my ass came off the ground a teeny-little bit when she told me to sit. Do family law practices handle dog divorce? I'm going to file papers... just as soon as the owner feeds me. And I get my nightly milkbone. After that... It's. Over. Tomorrow. As soon as I eat breakfast. And after we get back from training with more ducks. And after dinner. First thing the next morning, I'm serious as a heart attack. I'm so out of here. Right after breakfast baby...

LMIAO! The title of ye piece sounds much like that of many an Irish slow air. I may have to compose a piece called "ROCKET DOG'S LAMENT". Ye observations of course ring true, but ye know problems with line manners tend to worsen if not addressed and corrected early on. Grand craic, nearly did a spit take o' me morning coffee.

Slainte,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Too funny!

Irishwistler: Took me a minute to figure out LMIAO but I got it now.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

RD is a hugely gifted dog, heavy FC/AFC/NAFC/NFC type pedigree. As near as I can tell right now, she is a pin-point marker. And I love the fact that she will do ANYTHING to get the bird. There is no quit in this dog.

BUT... she will be useless, if I let her line manners deteriorate. We did NorCal and Marin back to back and that is all it took. She is higher than a kite and it's time to decompress her.

Because she has no quit in her... the "usual" (old school) way of dealing with a firebreather on line... more pressure, more buttons, using a heeling stick...cranking up the e-collar to 6 and smashing her... that does less than nothing. The only thing that really gets the message across is denial.

We are driving out an hour and a half to a place where we can do some significant water work today. She may not get her feet wet if she can't keep her butt on the ground. But if that's what it takes... oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by TuMicks View Post
    RD is a hugely gifted dog, heavy FC/AFC/NAFC/NFC type pedigree. As near as I can tell right now, she is a pin-point marker. And I love the fact that she will do ANYTHING to get the bird. There is no quit in this dog.

BUT... she will be useless, if I let her line manners deteriorate. We did NorCal and Marin back to back and that is all it took. She is higher than a kite and it's time to decompress her.

Because she has no quit in her... the "usual" (old school) way of dealing with a firebreather on line... more pressure, more buttons, using a heeling stick...cranking up the e-collar to 6 and smashing her... that does less than nothing. The only thing that really gets the message across is denial.

We are driving out an hour and a half to a place where we can do some significant water work today. She may not get her feet wet if she can't keep her butt on the ground. But if that's what it takes... oh, well.
    Keep on her Lass. She'll come into her own. :-) Good luck.

Mike
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHWISTLER View Post
    LMIAO! The title of ye piece sounds much like that of many an Irish slow air. I may have to compose a piece called "ROCKET DOG'S LAMENT". Ye observations of course ring true, but ye know problems with line manners tend to worsen if not addressed and corrected early on. Grand craic, nearly did a spit take o' me morning coffee.

Slainte,
    Irishwhistler
    Damnation!!! See what you did! I'm sitting in a swamp next to a winger and a bag of only slightly decomposed ducks and running through my head are all kinds of lyrics. I kept hearing the tune for Wild Rover.

I've been a bold creeper for many dog years,
    And I catch all my marks while they're still in the air.

But now she is pissed and we're back to the truck,
    and I fear that I've crept and my black ass is...

And it's no, nay, never... no never no more...
    Will I play the bold creeper... no never, no more.

Altogether now!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (04-19-2016)

It's not retriever work... but I still enjoyed this one.

Man Sends His Sheepdog Over The Hill. What The Dog Herds? Hilarious!

Senior Dog
    Love the Bold Creeper lyrics. Poor RD.

Quote Originally Posted by TuMicks View Post
    Damnation!!! See what you did! I'm sitting in a swamp next to a winger and a bag of only slightly decomposed ducks and running through my head are all kinds of lyrics. I kept hearing the tune for Wild Rover.

I've been a bold creeper for many dog years
    And I catch all my marks while they're still in the air.

But now she is pissed and we're back to the truck,
    and I fear that I've crept and my black ass is...

And it's no, nay, never... no never no more...
    Will I play the bold creeper... no never, no more.

Altogether now!

Me McCulpa.

Slainte,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos