Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    House Broken

Your favorite food puzzle please!

So far we have had luck with creatively stuffing kongs to help challenge our 4-1/2mo old puppy as she works for her meals. It's been extra great since it keeps her busy as we get ready for work and school In the mornings.

Like most labs, she is smart and I think would enjoy food puzzles as well. Do you have particular favorites? One came in our barkbox last month but she figured it out in about ten seconds.
    Last edited by NoVA Lab Mama; 04-11-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Luna likes the Kong wobbler and the Tricky Treat Ball.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mardi goes for anything, and I mean anything, that involves food.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    My dogs have all loved the Buster Cube, but I don’t use it much since with multiple dogs I can’t control who is eating what. When they’ve been confined to an ex-pen for some reason, I’ve used it in there. We also have a couple of the Nina Ottosson toys that Chloe played with when she was recovering from a tendon injury, but we tried them with Sassy recently and she had zero interest.

We have: Amazon.com: Nina Ottosson DogTwister Interactive game: Pet Supplies and Amazon.com: Nina Ottosson DogFinder Interactive game: Pet Supplies which is a bit easier.
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

I don't care for Kongs. I find the overrated and ineffective. My dogs don't get enough out if they are stuffed with anything sticky like peanut butter to hold food inside and if there is no peanut butter the contents come out too easily. I've used the Tricky Treat Ball but I also had one chewed up because they are soft. The Buster Cuber works well also.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

Milo likes a Bento Ball stuffed with kibble or treats. I just picked up a DogTwister and he seems to like it but he's figuring it out too fast. It may not keep him busy for very long.

We have several styles of treat or food dispensing toys. I don't use them as much as I used to but in addition to the Kong Wobbler and Omega Tricky Treat ball (Pet Supplies : Pet Toy Balls : Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball, Large : Amazon.com), we have a tug-a-jug, the Planet Dog Snoop (Orbee-Tuff Snoop), and a JW treat ball (Amazon.com : JW Pet Company Rockin Treat Ball for Dogs : Pet Toy Balls : Pet Supplies). When I use them, because I have 2 dogs, I give half their food in their bowls so they can get their supplements and give the other half in the treat ball. I have to block one in the kitchen and let the other dog into the living room otherwise Lark will zoom through her portion and then come and take Chase's away from him. I started using them when Chase was little because he would hoover up his meal in about 3.8 seconds and then stand staring at me as if to say, "That was fun, Mommy, NOW what are we going to do?" He was our first lab and much more demanding of attention than our previous dogs had been.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

I fix Hemi a large variety of them. Then I hide them all over the house. He not only has to find them then he has to get his food out. I have been sick all weekend and this has been great.

These are some of Hemi's treat toys, the only one we tries but don't use is the Kong Genius, he could tear those apart.

Anyway so when I am sick and can't play a little kibble goes in each of these toys and they get hidden all over the house. Keep him busy for quite a while.
    Pet Supplies : Pet Toy Balls : PetSafe Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble Meal Dispensing Dog Toy, Medium/Large : Amazon.com
    Amazon.com : KONG Wobbler Treat Dispensing Dog Toy, Large : Pet Chew Toys : Pet Supplies
    Pet Supplies : Pet Toy Balls : Buster Food Cube Large Size (Colors May Vary) : Amazon.com
    Pet Supplies : Pet Chew Toys : PetSafe Busy Buddy Waggle Dog Toy, Medium/Large : Amazon.com
    Pet Supplies : Pet Chew Toys : PetSafe Busy Buddy Squirrel Dude Dog Toy, Medium : Amazon.com
    Pet Supplies : Pet Toy Balls : PetSafe Busy Buddy Barnacle Dog Toy, Large : Amazon.com
    Amazon.com : Starmark Treat Dispensing Pickle Pocket for Dogs : Pet Toys : Pet Supplies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Tanya (04-13-2016)

wobbler. there is the tug-a-jug but some dogs don't get it. Most of the others I use require me to work wtih her (the Nina ottoson line of games).

We have a couple of those IQ treat balls - on amazon it says OurPets Interative IQ treat ball. When I had more room and 1 dog he got all meals in it. You can set the "degree of difficulty" for them to get food/treats by adjusting the opening.
    Shannon

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar..."

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos