Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Beyond Lost Emotionally

Aye Mates,
    I am beyond lost with emotional sadness at having been notified of the sudden death of me long time friend and former co-worker Nancy today. Nancy and I shared common bonds with our love of Labs, had many mutual friends, both have a daughter that was a college athlete, etc., etc.

I don't know any particulars nor would I make them public. I just know that the world of Lab fans has lost a silent giant today. i grieve for her husband, son, and daughter that will all miss her deeply. I know I will miss her and her great Labrador companion dog will as well.

Regards,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

That's terrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sympathies to her family.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to janedoe For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (04-15-2016)

So, so sorry. Words are inadequate. Thinking of you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (04-16-2016)

So very sorry....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to brownietrout For This Useful Post:

So so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and her loved ones.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bubba's instagram: @thebubbinator

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zd262 For This Useful Post:

So very sorry, praying for those that loved her

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ZoeysMommy For This Useful Post:

Sorry for your loss.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

Aye Mates,
    Many thanks to ye all for ye compassion. I stress compassion because Nancy herself was the personification of compassion. To further complicate matters, tonight is our annual fundraiser banquet and live auction tribute / memorial for Fallen Officer James V. Spignesi Jr. Nancy and Jim were very close and she took Jim's line of duty death particularly hard along with the rest of us that worked with them both. Nancy surely would have been at the event again this year and doing all she could to help out. I will miss having her there and it will certainly be a night of duality in regard to our suffering of her loss. I know she would want us all to continue the event and have a great time in doing so, something many of us must struggle to do just to keep the event up and runnung smoothly.

We are hosting a husband and wife donors from Iowa that are hunting outfitters and have partnered with us by donating an Iowa bird hunt valued at a bit over $10k to support our event. They have been doing so for 10 years now and have vowed to do so for as long as they are in business. This year is the first time they have made the banquet after making the 22 hour long drive out here from their farm in Iowa. I broke the news about Nancy to Paul last night and his immediate response was "Mike, we will donate a second hunt to help out Nancy's family". I was just blown away with the generosity and goodness in his heart for somebody he has never met before. Paul just knew Nancy was special to us all and that was all he needed to know to lend his support. It is the acts of folks like Paul and his wife Lori that assure me there are still folks with hearts of gold in our world.

During our discussion last night, Paul knew I was stressing and needing to take care of a number of last minute details toward making the event a success, transportation of donated items for the auction to the event venue, set up / display of donated items, etc., etc. After just getting in from a 22 hour drive to attend our event, Paul offered to work along side of me all day today in an effort to make the event run without a hitch. Just amazing!

I know how close Nancy was to her husband, and their daughter and son, as well as her Labrador and it breaks me heart to consider the hole this will leave in the heart of each of them.

PLEASE - All of ye give ye own Labs some extra sign of ye love and appreciation for them as a living tribute to me friend Nancy, she would love that beyond that which I might adequately express to ye.

Godspeed to ye Nancy, I'll miss ye wonderful ways Lass!

Tears in me eyes and a hole in me heart,
    Irishwhistler
    Last edited by IRISHWISTLER; 04-16-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Many of us spend more time in the company of those we work with than family and work colleagues do become a sort of family. I'm sorry for your loss of another good friend.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend. You and your friends are clearly generous souls who do not hesitate to put your feelings into action to benefit others. Salutations to you all for your work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos