Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

need to vent annoyed!!

So I announced to my family his family and friends that we decided to try for a baby. They of course we're happy and excited but Im really annoyed at some of them by they are like we'll guess you will have to get rid of some of your anials. What??? I would never. His sister and I got into it via text message(she lives in mississippi) planning on moving back to PA really hope she doesnt.

Who would get rid of their pets. I just said would you get rid of your children. It's amazing to me please think that animals are disposable.

It's sad but people do think this way. You will never change the way they think either. I decided long ago not to care about what other people think about me, or my decisions.

Congrats on the decision to have a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (06-11-2014)

Thats terrible!!!!! I want our kids to grow up with animals Congrats on starting your family!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

good luck!

My cousin got that all the time when she was pregnant. they had two berners. no way were they going anywhere!

very sad people will actually say these things to people though. even sadder that its an acceptable way of thinking "we have kids now and just dont have time for the dog". or they dont train the dog so when kids arrive they just cant handle it, thats super common too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

My lab mix was 12 yrs old when I had my daughter and he was wonderful with her. When I would feed her he would climb up on the couch right next to us and rest his head near her feet on our Boppy pillow (you will know all about those soon) and take a nap. When my daughter was a few weeks old a relative was visiting and was very upset that I was allowing the dog to be so close to the baby, and suggested that some people "put their children first and keep dogs and all of their germs away from babies." Not the best thing to say to a hormonal, sleep deprived, dog loving new mom. I went into a long rant about how dogs and all their "germs" in the home with babies actually make them less prone to allergies and asthma as the age and strengthen their immune systems. Then I added that he often licks her feet too! Again, this is what happens when you say something to a exhausted hormonal new mother. Just ignore all the comments! And best wishes- babies are wonderful!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maggie's Mom For This Useful Post:

What a rotten thing to say to someone. My kids grew up with several pets (not just dogs) and I truly believe they are better people because of it. I hope your sister in law doesn't bring that up again. Just plain rude IMO.

Nancy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nancy0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone! I don't really care but it just annoyed me. My children will be brought up with animals. I've been around animals my whole life. Grew up with dogs cats chickens horses. My grandmother had cows and goats.

I now work at a vet I've worked in a kennel and grooming shop a pet store. Currently I have 10 foster kittens plus my own 6 cats and 4 dogs and a gecko. Couldn't imagine not having animals around.

People are amazed when I tell them how many I have then come to my house and are like wow it doesn't even smell like animals in here.

I want my children to get the same joy out of having a pet.

His sister is one of those germ a phoebe which is probably why my niece has allergies. My niece wants a pet so bad. When she comes over all she wants to do is play with mine.

House Broken
    Just make comment along the lines of "well we plan to keep the animals but we won't have enough time for some of the people currently in our lives."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fan of fanboys For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (06-11-2014), sheltieluver (06-11-2014)

House Broken
    Vent away!! Families, friends, and even strangers tend to be full of all kinds of unwanted 'advice' when it comes to babies. I find the 'smile and nod' response to be very useful. It puzzles me that anyone would rehome a non-aggressive pet just because they are having a baby.

My hubby is a snake enthusiast, and my mom was (still is) petrified his little 2'-5' snakes are going to eat the kids. (nevermind that they can't eat anything larger than a medium size rat or that their teeth size, jaw pressure, and desire to bite are nothing compared to a lab puppy's.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam I Am For This Useful Post:

Ok. So following that "logic", if you have a 2nd child do you get rid of the first one?!?!?!?!?

Congrats on upcoming bundle of joy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos