Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm"

Evidently there is a council in the UK that wants dogs registered by DNA so they can bust owners who don't clean up when their dogs poo in public. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kennel club says council should not use dog DNA registration to tackle fouling problems (From Warrington Guardian).

Ha ha! I've heard of that, too. I was thinking about that as arentspowell asked what some fair pet policies were for their neighborhood. "All pets must be DNA tested so that offenders can be fined."

Dog-poop DNA tests nail non-scoopers | The Seattle Times

Sounds like it's already being done in Seattle. I'm sure I've read of other places contemplating or actually doing it. I think the first place I read about it was a Toronto newspaper, the city thinking about it?
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Good thing I pick up my puppies poop. :] Bring it on California!
    Kim & Khloe - Nov. 18th, 2015

Hidden Content

HA! awesome though. I needed this to use against the crazy old man that used to harass me about picking up poo's. As if my dogs were the only dogs in town and half the neighborhood didn't just turn their dogs out to run free all over town. I walk my dog and I always pick up after him! TEST THAT POO!
    Shannon

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar..."

I think that Italy was one of the first countries to try that. It sounds good but who funds that?

How glad am I we live in the country!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Gubment overreach run amok.

Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

House Broken
    Lawrence, KS (formerly in Topeka 50+ yrs)
    About 8 months ago I moved into an apartment complex (in Lawrence, KS) -- we have many students because of KU -- and this complex allows dogs of any size (w/higher monthly rent). So there are MANY dogs. Part of our lease agreement is to pick up any poop our dogs emit but this IMO is far more honored by its breach than in its compliance.

There's poop everywhere! Big ones, little ones. Lawns and sidewalks. It's awful!

I'd love to see DNA testing established here! I can't see why people would own a dog and not pick up after it. Zach's poops are small enough that the several "fold & close" sandwich bags I always carry are enough to capture his contribution in one and, if not, then two. Since we have about 216 apartments and, I'm guessing, 215 dogs, you can imagine how much poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr. View Post
    I'd love to see DNA testing established here! I can't see why people would own a dog and not pick up after it. Zach's poops are small enough that the several "fold & close" sandwich bags I always carry are enough to capture his contribution in one and, if not, then two. Since we have about 216 apartments and, I'm guessing, 215 dogs, you can imagine how much poop.
    I used to live in an apartment complex where if you had a dog and the apartment knew about it, they would take a DNA sample of the poo, then if you left your dogs poop they would compare the sample and fine you. So there was a lot of dogs.. but not a lot of poop :]
    Kim & Khloe - Nov. 18th, 2015

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos